GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Didn't Miami Vice feature a Camaro? How about that one v G Lee?
Or the Starky and Hutch Torino (although a little tame)?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
both were cool, but my heart says K.I.T.T. for a few reason. K.I.T.T. had cool gadgets and a speaking roll, where the general lee really only had one trick, jumping stuff (unless you want to talk about the 4x4 general lee they had once).
also, K.I.T.T. evolved over the seasons. BTW, i only really liked the dukes of hazard for Daisy Duke!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@Feb 18 2004, 11:41 AM
Didn't Miami Vice feature a Camaro? How about that one v G Lee?
Or the Starky and Hutch Torino (although a little tame)?
think miami vice features a ferrari, 2 different ones actually..

FERRARI DAYTONA SPYDER REPLICA (BLACK)
"Ferrari Daytona SpyderCrockett's Daytona Spyder was actually a look-alike replica, built using a 1980 Corvette chassis with Ferrari-designed body panels and real Ferrari hardware inside"
FERRARI TESTAROSSA (WHITE)
"Two show cars were provided by Ferrari North America and were originally delivered black, but were later repainted white for better contrast at night. In addition, a stunt car was created by the Roberts Motor Co. by beefing up a 1972 DeTomaso Pantera chassis with salvaged Testarossa body parts.[12] The mid-engined Pantera replicated the Ferrari much closer than the Corvettes which were used to create the Daytona look-alikes.
somehow when crocket and tubbs bust some gun runner who had blew up his daytona, crocket ends up keeping a white testarossa of the gun runner? but who cares, miami vice was more about showing off miami and designer clothing then anything else. starsky and hutch torino had coo paint scheme for the time, but the problem is, "the car" was not the focus of the show, just eye candy for car dudes to watch a cop show, where the General Lee and K.I.T.T. where what the shows were centered around.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
As cool as the General Lee is KITT is better.
KITT indestructible
KITT talked, drove itself,
Most important point
KITT Pontiac
General Lee Dodge

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Throught the run of the show, they never called the car a Pontiac or a Firebird. It was always called KITT, or the black car, or most often: the black t-top.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahh no contest. KITT owns all cars. And they did mention "pontiac" one time. It jumped a truck, and some guy says what was that! and the other guy say, "I think it was a Pontiac"

KITT would destroy the General. I didnt see turbo boost on the general lee.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
You forget that one of the drivers of the General Lee grew up, married, and adopted Superboy. You don't mess with the car of the adopted father of Superman.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 18 2004, 06:55 PM
Throught the run of the show, they never called the car a Pontiac or a Firebird. It was always called KITT, or the black car, or most often: the black t-top.
Actually the Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT) and his predecessor the Knight Automated Roving Robot (KARR) were both referred to as Trans Ams. Apparently GM received so much demand for the Knight Edition that GM requested that they quit referring to the cars as Pontiacs. All episodes in which Pontiac/Trans Am/Firebird were only in the first season, and it was simply the majority of the 89 episodes that it was not named. KITT (William Daniels) told Michael in one episode that KARR gives Trans Ams a bad name. And in one episode someone asks Michael what kind of car it is, to which Michael says a new or future Pontiac, its been 8 years since I saw that episode so I cant remember which. It has also been reported that Pontiac was asked to sponsor the new Knight Rider movie and to provide Trans Ams for the movie. Apparently, GM felt that with the cars demise they should not risk building demand for the car. However it would have been nice to return the franchise back to GM after the failure of the Team Knight Rider series which turned to Ford for Dante, Domino, and Beast. Even Devon (Edward Mulhare) rode around in a Cadillac Limo.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
In one episode, they -did- bolt a turbocharger into the General Lee.

But KITT had "super pursuit" mode.

Ghrank

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
are there any more recent shows with a car as the star? or at least as an important piece of the show? all i can think of is urkel with his isetta... or tony danza with his van... surely there's somthing more impressive than that!

·
Registered
136 Posts
There's all sorts of rumors going around about a Knight Rider movie. Hopefully it'll be a bit better than a lot of the recent remakes. I'd rather they take it seriously than make a joke of the old show. Yeah the acting wasn't the greatest and the story lines were paper thin in believability, but compared to everything else at the time, it was gangbusters.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488@Feb 18 2004, 07:39 PM
are there any more recent shows with a car as the star? or at least as an important piece of the show? all i can think of is urkel with his isetta... or tony danza with his van... surely there's somthing more impressive than that!
Does any1 remeber Viper???.Ha this thread is pretty funny, my Uncle owns both a General Lee and a K.I.T.T. Pity I stopped talking 2 him a couple years back...I'll stop by the dealer ship he works @ sometime and see if I can get some pics of them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon+Feb 19 2004, 01:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Feb 19 2004, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paul8488@Feb 18 2004, 07:39 PM
Does any1 remeber Viper???.Ha this thread is pretty funny, my Uncle owns both a General Lee and a K.I.T.T. Pity I stopped talking 2 him a couple years back...I'll stop by the dealer ship he works @ sometime and see if I can get some pics of them. [/b][/quote]
I loved Viper! I remember that show! A lot in common with the concept of Knight Rider!... don't think that car talked though :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts