GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,598 Posts
Wow, that Amanti is....well...let's leave it at that... ;)

· Premium Member
23,308 Posts
saw one on the highway this weekend... and i was dissapointed (not that i care much about kia to begin with). it looks like it's trying to be an alternative to a more expensive car, but i don't know if it'll fool many. maybe it's a good buy, but at least to look at it's out of it's league. design isn't very cohesive... the front doesn't go well with the sides or rear. meh.

· Registered
5,621 Posts
Smaart:

Oddly enough, you're only about half right. Kia and Hyundai share platforms with the Amanti/XG and Optima-Magentis/Sonata, but not the others. The Accent and Rio are on two unrelated platforms. The Sorrento and Santa Fe do not share platforms...as a matter of fact, the Hyundai is unibody (related to the Elantra) and the Kia is body-on-frame.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

· Registered
650 Posts
The number one reason why i won't drive a hyundai is becasue their designs are derivative.

There is almost nothing original on either Kias or Hyundais. No distint style. Just bits and pieces ripped off from other companies and slapped together

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.