GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kerry Says His 'Family' Owns SUV, Not He
Friday April 23, 2004 12:46 AM

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Does John Kerry, who supports higher automobile fuel economy standards, own a gas-guzzling SUV? He does, but says it belongs to the family, not to him.

During a conference call Thursday with reporters to discuss his upcoming jobs tour through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, the Democratic presidential candidate was asked whether he owned a Chevrolet Suburban.

``I don't own an SUV,'' said Kerry, who supports increasing existing fuel economy standards to 36 miles per gallon by 2015 in order to reduce the nation's dependence on foreign oil supplies.

Kerry also has made rising gasoline prices an issue in the campaign against President Bush. In Houston on Thursday, Kerry said the president broke a 2000 campaign pledge to ``jawbone'' oil-producing nations by pressuring them to increase their output.

Kerry thought for a second when asked whether his wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, had a Suburban at their Ketchum, Idaho, home. Kerry said he owns and drives a Dodge 600 and recently bought a Chrysler 300M. He said his wife owns the Chevrolet SUV.

``The family has it. I don't have it,'' he said.

Full Article Here

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Bleep Kerrys cars and trucks. He has an expensive speed boat that gets about 1/3 of a mile per gallon. He is just another rich fraud.

·
Registered
67 Posts
not to mention the fact that his wife owns more factories outside of the us, than she does in the us. that hasnt contributed to jobs leaving the contry, its only bush's fault for that. I realy dont like politicians who say one thing, but do another like mr. kerry. ... and they wonder why politicians get a bad rap.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

AN Old Crab said to her son, "Why do you walk sideways like that, my son? You ought to walk straight."

The Young Crab replied, "Show me how, dear mother, and I'll follow your example." The Old Crab tried, but tried in vain, and then saw how foolish she had been to find fault with her child.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Now wait a minute....how can he be a "rich fraud" when he "drives a Dodge 600?" A Dodge 600??!?! They haven't made those since the late 1980s...the Democratic candidate for president drives a 15-year old K-Car (technically, and E-car...but...)! If I hadn't read the rest of the article, I would have assumed that it was about Ralph Nader.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by Hudson@Apr 23 2004, 01:48 PM
Now wait a minute....how can he be a "rich fraud" when he "drives a Dodge 600?" A Dodge 600??!?! They haven't made those since the late 1980s...the Democratic candidate for president drives a 15-year old K-Car (technically, and E-car...but...)! If I hadn't read the rest of the article, I would have assumed that it was about Ralph Nader.
Yeah- does anyone really think he frequently drove that car? The point is, when he needs to go somewhere, someone else drives him. He probably hasn't driven himself since he bought the 600 new.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Dodge 600, HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hey pal get on a plane and fly to Boston. Get in a cab and ask him to take you to Louisburg Square. This is where the SUPER RICH of Boston live. There is no Dodge 600 parked outside the KERRY MANSION. YUP! The KERRY MANSION, one of five MANSIONS he lives in depending on where he is at any given time. His friggin familly uses more fosel fuel in a month to run his cars, trucks, boats, homes, planes than the entire country of Guatamala uses in a year. I said fraud, I meant fraud.

·
Registered
273 Posts
They also own a gas guzzling plane.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Apr 23 2004, 06:19 PM
Fraud? 99.9% of politicians are!
AMEN! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Apr 23 2004, 05:14 PM
Bleep Kerrys cars and trucks. He has an expensive speed boat that gets about 1/3 of a mile per gallon. He is just another rich fraud.
I agree 100%!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts