GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Kerry cemented the Democratic presidential nomination, driving rival John Edwards from the race with a string of Super Tuesday triumphs that catapulted the Massachusetts senator into an eight-month struggle to oust President Bush.

Full Story: HERE

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
A lot of folks are understandably cynical about politicians, especially during election season. Nonetheless, I happen to think that both George Bush and John Kerry are honorable men and dedicated leaders, and either one will serve our country well.

I prefer the current leadership, but I'm thankful that we can look forward to a Bush vs. Kerry contest rather than Bush vs. [insert whacky candidate] contest. Out of the original field of Democratic primary candidates, the majority were looking really, really scary. :eek: In the end, Democrats picked the right guy IMO, (then again, I also would have said that if Edwards or Lieberman ended up getting the nod, but as long as it was one of those three, I can sleep at night). -_-

Obviously, both Bush and Kerry have their weaknesses, and any politician is vulnerable to putting politics ahead of other factors as they discharge their leadership responsibilities. While we need to be realistic about such things, I think we should also give these guys a fair shake when we're confronted with politically charged accusations about their personal integrity, their patriotism, their basic values, and their dedication to serving this country as best they can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts