GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
He would have to amass 83% or more, of the common stock, to have a prayer of out voting the Ford family. Frankly, I don't think he wants to spend that much money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
He would have to amass 83% or more, of the common stock, to have a prayer of out voting the Ford family. Frankly, I don't think he wants to spend that much money.
Not really! If he obtained somewhere in the 40% range he could start putting pressure on the B-Class stock owners to give up some of their super-leveraged voting rights.

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
B class stock holds 40% voting power. Word is that the Ford family also owns a good sized chunk of the common stock, to ensure their security. Certain members of the Ford family have also made it known, that if any Ford family wants to sell their shares, they will buy it.

FMC is more than just a company, to the family. It is their identity.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
let's see

I could sell some shares to Quirkorian at $8.50 each
then
the next day I could go re-buy them for around $6.00 each...

...wonder if there's a way to do it twice?

·
Registered
385 Posts
The guy is nothing more than a speculator, the very type of person responsible for the bubbles we've been seeing the last decade which have played havok on our economy and our lifestyles.

If the media and the investment firms weren't so easily able to sway public opinion with slander and propaganda, we've be in a far more stable period, and furthermore, it would be much harder for the elite upper class to steal the wealth of the middle-class as they have been doing so effectively as of late.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Don't forget that Kerkorian sued Chrysler back in the 1990s for mismanagement (he lost). He doesn't have to control the company to cause major havok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts