GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I was planning to use KaZaA, but, before i do, is it okay to do so? Just thought I'd ask the good people here at GMI before I did. :)

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Kazaa is full of spyware, and stuff that is unhealthy for your computer. Also, much of the stuff that was available through Kazaa is no longer available.

I strongly suggest using Kazaa LT. It has a similar name, but it's not the same. It's a little harder to find. But there's no spyware, and it seems to work much better.

But in all honesty, if there's software or music or a movie out there you want, go and buy it. Piracy sucks. It ruins it for other people. It drives up prices unnecessarily.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
yeah-- Kazaa lite is much better--- but using any of it is getting pretty risky. I've started paying a buck a song on napster...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use limewire. A lot of people in my dorm have been switching to that cause supposedly there is no spyware. I do run spybot software just in case.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A buck a song! Just buy the album for $12 or whatever and get all 12-18 songs. (Then, you can legally have mp3's on your computer, too.)

Or, use the old school version of pirating music- Keep signing up for BMG music and getting your 12 CD's for 1 cent. It's a couple bucks per cd for S&H.

Laters,
Scott

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdGenBlackbird@Feb 12 2004, 07:22 AM
A buck a song! Just buy the album for $12 or whatever and get all 12-18 songs. (Then, you can legally have mp3's on your computer, too.)

Or, use the old school version of pirating music- Keep signing up for BMG music and getting your 12 CD's for 1 cent. It's a couple bucks per cd for S&H.

Laters,
Scott
A lot of times, people only like 1 song on an album. $1 < $15 (avg cost of albums).

As for CD clubs... trouble is, a lot of them will keep sending you CDs to buy "based on your preferences" automatically. Nothing is good enough to be true @ 1 cent a CD and a couple bucks after that... plus remember you pay shipping! Shipping is around $5/CD! Then, you still have to pay full price for a few to finish out your contract. Hmm... $15+5=$20 ea! Plus you HAVE to pick CDs off a list, you are OBLIGATED to buy a certain number within a certain period of time.

That's why $1/song actually isnt bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts