GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've been hinting that the Kappa (Solstice) represents a revolution in the way cars are developed. It's supposed to be cheap and easy to develop new models, and economical to build short runs.

Can anyone illuminate whether this is true? And more important, why?

Some more questions:

What range of variable are there as far as sizes?
Engines & drivetrains?
What are the disadvantages of the Kappa approach to design and production?
Are there fundamental cheapnesses about it that would make a Kappa Caddy out of the question?

Gentlemen, start your postings.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I think if Kappa is so inexpensive to produce they should do a midsize version next to complament the upcoming ZETA Ark.Being that its allready flexable in its ability to be lengthend/widend and hightend as they claim it is now.I also think that Caddy COULD use Kappa for a new ATS model sedan or a ALR mini XLR roadster to compete with the Z4.If they did do a Kappa Midsize that could handel a V8 or even a HFV6 the possibilities would be endless for RWD at GM. :bounce:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Since the Chevy Nomad concept may have made an even bigger impact at the auto shows than the Solstice. I will know the answer to your question if GM announces within the next six months that the Nomad concept will be built. Then you will know that this is a platform designed for maximum flexibility.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts