GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer by me has a red G8 GT in stock, 32k, no dealer mark up.

I didn't drive it but I started it up and it has a nice shake. No exhaust rumble but it shakes like a muscle car. God this thing.......... 30k? Are you kidding me? If I get a good contract I know where I'm going.

Nice job Holden, nice job Pontiac.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
The dealer by me has a red G8 GT in stock, 32k, no dealer mark up.

I didn't drive it but I started it up and it has a nice shake. No exhaust rumble but it shakes like a muscle car. God this thing.......... 30k? Are you kidding me? If I get a good contract I know where I'm going.

Nice job Holden, nice job Pontiac.
LOL, that is how I felt when I first test drove the GTO in 2004. Except back then it had the shake and the rumble to compliment it. Although the sticker was similar to the G8 I got lucky with $12k in GM incentives.

I don't see how any dealer in their right mind would mark up the G8. I hope they learned a lesson after the GTO debacle. Amazing how the GTO went from a 10k mark-up to a 10k discount in less than a year. Well, at least it worked to my advantage. :cool:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Hopefully they don't mark the Solstice coupe up. I know it'll be in demand.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I saw 2 white ones at a dealership near me (noonan pontiac/gmc on van dyke and 18 1?2 for those near Detriot) Not sure exactly what they were, but it was raining hear yesterday so I didnt stop.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
They must be hitting dealers, there are 4 of them on eBay Motors now:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/Ponti...QcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ6001QQsamcmZ6001

But my local dealer dosent have one! (Jaggers BPG, Lebanon, In) I wanted to go check one out! What I would really like to do is drive a V6 G8, I have driven plenty of high HP V8's, I want to see if the normal/everman G8 is a decent driver! But, if I was going to buy one, it would deffinatly be the GT!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Pontiac dealer by my house has 5 (3V8's & 2V6's) and they would not let me take a test drive. The have them marked up $2500, even the V6's. I was very impressed looks way better in person.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I went and looked at one the other day. They had a red GT and a white Sedan. The GT was VERY nice, it looks really good in person. Those fender flares are awesome! The salesman told me that they were only getting 10 in this year which I thought was kind of a shame. Ah well, at least they're getting them.

But they also had a six to six and a half foot tall poster showing the G8 compared to its other competitors, I thought that was a pretty cool option.

Also, this G8 sticked for (IIRC) $32K without any dealer markup.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I went to look at one and they have a $5,000 market adjustment on it.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Even though I don't like this car as a Pontiac, GM should penalize the dealerships that are putting outrageous mark ups on the G8 & any others. The more times they hear about a specific dealer doing such a thing the harsher the penalty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts