GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by ol'Home Depot looking for this 32 gallon air compressor that came witha boat load of tools. I saw it in a flyer or something, and about a month ago I was hounding the employees of HD for it. They said that they were getting in 16 of them... well I kept going back in day after day and saw nada.

Then today I figured that Id give it a shot. I walked into the air compressor tool section and.... no where to be found. As Im walking out, a little red tank caught my eye... THERE SHE WAS!! All 32 gallons of glory sitting there.
Now, I am a loyal employee of Sears for about a month or so now(hehehe) and I wanted to get a craftsman to match the rest of my tools. But Sears has since given up its 30/33 gallon deal with tools. Even with my discount, the cost in tools alone would have made the HD a better choice.
I got it for 299.99 plus tax. Comes with just about everything a growing home garage mechanic needs to get the job done. Air gun, air ratchet, air chisle, 2 paint guns, a die grinder, and numerous bits and sockets along with a 50ft hose and very dumba**-proof controls.
I have her pluged in right now filling up. I think its done because the noise is gone. Now this project of mine will finaly be finished!! YES!!

Thank you for your time
Big Al.

·
Registered
708 Posts
What brand is the compressor? Does it support both 110 and 220?
I'm dying to find a good deal on a 110/220 oil-free 30+ gallon unit.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ah, there's nothing better to show your a car guy than firing an air gun.

I wanna get an air gun to see how fast I can dismount/mount all four tires. I'd spend hours on it to get my time down just like i do in Gran Turismo if i had one

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ozone_GTX@Jun 9 2004, 03:18 AM
Ah, there's nothing better to show your a car guy than firing an air gun.

I wanna get an air gun to see how fast I can dismount/mount all four tires. I'd spend hours on it to get my time down just like i do in Gran Turismo if i had one
I plead guilty to the charge of acting like a NASCAR pit crew.... and on my Taurus too!
And Rex, because you are Canadian, I will let that one slide.

Its built by Husky and comes with almost everything you could possibly want, and then some. I have now 2 paint guns that I will probably never use, but what the heck!! Ill try and find a link to it on HD website.

link to it on HD.com

It says its on back order, but the local HD has 3 more in stock.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Sounds like a slick deal. I might have to investigate.
The Husky brand is not too bad for air compressors?

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you've ever taken off a harmonic balancer bolt without air tools, $300 is a very small price to pay. The only problem is you'll never want to do another job without air tools.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by chris442@Jun 10 2004, 04:16 AM
If you've ever taken off a harmonic balancer bolt without air tools, $300 is a very small price to pay. The only problem is you'll never want to do another job without air tools.
ahahahahah guess what I did today?! Yeah, I tried doing it by hand...yeah, wasnt gunna happen. Fired her up, put the air gun on, and let her rip!! had that ballancer off in a matter of 20 sec. I didnt help me get the timing cover off though... dropping the oil pan sucks. I had to do some manual work to get that off.
Air guns rock.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's funny, I'm about to go finish the same job on the 442. The only problem with the olds engine is that you need a 1 1/4" socket for the balancer bolt, which is a little tough to find.

BTW, you couldn't use the air wratchet on the other bolts? I'm picturing an SBC because of your username, but then it could be something different. And yes, dropping an oil pan does suck with the motor in the car. :beer:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by chris442@Jun 10 2004, 09:56 PM
That's funny, I'm about to go finish the same job on the 442. The only problem with the olds engine is that you need a 1 1/4" socket for the balancer bolt, which is a little tough to find.

BTW, you couldn't use the air wratchet on the other bolts? I'm picturing an SBC because of your username, but then it could be something different. And yes, dropping an oil pan does suck with the motor in the car. :beer:
well, I tore down just about everything else and left the ballancer, timing cover to the last thing to do. Im done ripping it all apart, now starts the build. Good luck on that 442! I just discoverd that I have a 3k limit on my credit card.

Next stop= 3k in the hole. :D Still gotta buy a ton of stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts