GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yeah, I would drive it just as God intended. No door edge moldings, no vinyl stripes, and ESPECIALLY no tacky body kits.......
This is what I was thinking but I wanted other people to confirm it.

Next time I am home from school, I'll take a long look at it, both the door guard and the pinstripe should come right off with a hairdryer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Back in October I looked at basic 2011 1LS stick shifts at two different dealers -both salesmen were clinging to 21k on leftover 2011s. You did real well.
As far as the stripe kit- hey- its your ride , do what you want with it.

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
Door strips ruin your paint. Take it off now. My old G8 had them and it literally took the paint off.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
From one 5th gen to another, Congrats! I just got a new 45th SS! Take the stripes and door guards off, to me they take away from the styling. But If you like the hood and trunk stripes get them. I usually don't like stickers, but I really like the stripes on my 45th, especially the gray, like the one's you're looking at, because they are matte finish, only the red part is shiny.
Beautiful car, and you got a great deal! ENJOY IT!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Another vote to remove the door guard and pinstripes.

I'm 50/50 on the hood & deck stripes, but I'm also a fan of making one's car their own. The LS just screams for personal attention, IMO, because it's basic which is the perfect blank canvas.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
One trip to SEMA and you'll change your attitude on keeping it rock stock................. there's plenty of room for personallizing it with out pimping it!!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Another vote to remove the door guard and pinstripes.
Went home from school for the day yesterday...took the cover off of it (the cover I got works great, it looked freakin' clean after sitting for a while). I went ahead and took the stripes and door guard off of it. Feels good, I'm almost relieved now. Can't wait for the semester to end so I can drive it everyday, it's like being in a long distance relationship...at least I know my car won't cheat on me though, lol.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
...it's like being in a long distance relationship...at least I know my car won't cheat on me though, lol.
Also much less stressful.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good choice on the door guards. I have no idea why people still use those damn things.
Probably because it's easy money as a dealer markup for add-ons.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
I think it needs tinted windows ASAP, wow this is a whole lot of car for $21,000 so Congratulations on your new car!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Tints are illegal in NJ...don't need the hassle, as the car will probably attract enough attention as it is.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
yes ! 21 is a screaming deal for such a cool ride. Give us the details of how you did it if you could...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts