GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_ne...40622_corvette/

Friday is "Drive Your Corvette to Work Day"
Corvette Enthusiasts take their cars to work to say "Happy Birthday" to America's Sports Car on Friday, June 25, 2004.

Motor Trend

Be prepared to see a lot more Corvettes on the road Friday, June 25, because it is the 4th annual "Drive Your Corvette to Work Day." And while you're thinking about it, why not uncover your own Corvette, dust it off, and gas her up for a road trip on Friday as well?

Launched in 2001, "Drive Your Corvette to Work Day" is an annual event with thousands of Corvette owners taking part across the nation. It's an initiative by Mid America Motorworks to celebrate the birthday of America's Sports Car and is held each year on the Friday closest to June 30th, the Corvette's official birthday.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't qork Fridays, but I am still tak'in my vette out, it'll be fun to see all the Corvettes out on the road, it's like a really big car show every where drive

·
Registered
190 Posts
ummm.....mine's ummmm....in the....shop...yeah, that's it, mine's in the shop! can I borrow one for the day so I don't get sad thinking about mine...??

:drevil:

·
Registered
99 Posts
SuperDave, I don't want to come off sounding like a know it all or a jerk or anything so don't take this wrong. I don't know if you've somehow squeezed out an extra 4 cubic inches out of your LS1 or if you are claiming 350 horsepower or what. Anywho the LS1 has 346 cubic inches of displacement, not 350. No disrespect, cause I think the badge does look good on your car, just FYI, that's all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by silvachris1@Jun 23 2004, 10:24 PM
SuperDave, I don't want to come off sounding like a know it all or a jerk or anything so don't take this wrong. I don't know if you've somehow squeezed out an extra 4 cubic inches out of your LS1 or if you are claiming 350 horsepower or what. Anywho the LS1 has 346 cubic inches of displacement, not 350. No disrespect, cause I think the badge does look good on your car, just FYI, that's all.
Ugh here we go with this again. It's only 4ci difference and it's faster than the old Chevy 350 anyway so I don't see the problem. Yes, I know it's 346ci. They don't make 346 badges (and no I don't want a decal). Not to mention if they did make one it'd look kinda stupid (IMHO).

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk either but I'm tired of being asked about it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by SuperDave479+Jun 23 2004, 11:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuperDave479 @ Jun 23 2004, 11:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvachris1@Jun 23 2004, 10:24 PM
Ugh here we go with this again. It's only 4ci difference and it's faster than the old Chevy 350 anyway so I don't see the problem. Yes, I know it's 346ci. They don't make 346 badges (and no I don't want a decal). Not to mention if they did make one it'd look kinda stupid (IMHO).

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk either but I'm tired of being asked about it. [/b][/quote]
I would still shake my head as a no-no <_<

1 - 11 of 11 Posts