GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT Design changed a bit. Current submission:

I came up with a simple minivan for Chevy, something which is desperately needed in the line.

Edit: Here's one with more modern rims. We'll just call it the Uplander LTZ

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The Kia Rondo?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But that's how it's an Uplander!:D

Okay, how about this:

Or would you prefer it sans roof rack with a more Traverse-ish rear window?

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Do you think you can tuck the sliding door track underneath the rear window like Chrysler does? That should clean it up a lot.....btw, the latest grill revisions aren't really too great.

Maybe the Traverse would be a better start than the Kia Sedona.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Maybe using the Aveo Grille would help this chop. The grilles really dont look that good.

I really like the traverse C pillar window, but I think you should play around with the sliding door windows so it looks like it flows into the 3rd window. I also agree with member12, hide the track, or at least move it a little upwards for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Why is it even a Kia??

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because GM doesn't have a good minivan base to start with. Actually I was going to start with a Proton, but I couldn't find a good picture of it.

I think I solved the grill issue by moving the bar up a bit. Changed some of the front too.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Here's what I don't get: people say GM doesn't have a minivan, but what are the Lambdas? They are exactly the same as minivans in every way except for one: the sliding door. I mean, the Lambdas are a little higher off the ground too I guess, but still...

Is a sliding door really that magical that it turns an SUV into a minivan?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I like your last version the best, especially your tapering rear window, that was a nice touch, and looks better than the previous versions. I'm afraid your headlights may be getting a little too frou-frou-ey, like Nissan's "hook" headlights as of late, but they are definately an improvement over the first triangular variant.

I might suggest a slight rounding of your grille to fit in with the softness of the rest of your van. I'd say have a look at the Malibu's, it may be a good place to start.

Nice job so far!

-Chase

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hop in a Lambda and have a look around, then hop in a minivan. Any minivan. There's tons more usable space in a minivan.

I'll look into changing the grill up a little more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts