GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Rich Truesdell and I'm a new member here. If my name looks familiar it might be because you''''ve seen one of my features in Musclecar Enthusiast, Cars and Parts, or one of the other magazines I contribute to.

I am working on a major feature for another one of my titles can't say which one at this time but the issue will come out at about the same time as the 2010 Camaro goes on sale next spring that will focus in on the history of COPO and dealer special Camaros, especially those that were produced for the Camaro's first generation.

To illustrate this feature I need to secure publication-quality images of as many cars as I can. While I have already started to assemble images of my own as there are several such cars that fall into this category here in Southern California, I would like to get some geographical diversity in the photos that are selected for publication. If you own or know someone who owns a COPO, Yenko, Baldwin-Motion, Dana, Nicky, or Fred Gibb car I invite you to submit your photos for consideration. While I prefer to use fully documented cars, I am considering using high-quality tribute cars, especially given the tight deadlines that I am working on, to illustrate this feature.

For those of you that have a suitable car, here's what I would like to acquire. As the selected images will be used for publication, please shoot all images with your camera's highest resolution setting. Submitted images should be at least 3000 pixels wide.

1. A short bio that includes your name, home town, year, make and model of your Camaro along with how long you''''ve owned it and any details on the car that you would like to share, maximum 100 words.
2. Driver''''s-side front three-quarter shot
3. Side profile shot
4. Passenger-side rear three-quarter shot
5. Interior shot, if possible taken in the shade so there are no shadows (make sure the steering wheel is straight)
6. Underhood shot, if possible taken in the shade so there are no shadows

If you would like to view a how-to guide on how to photograph your car, I invite you to read a blog I wrote, Car Photography for Dummies, posted at Automotive Traveler. This very popular blog has already seen almost 12,000 hits after it was picked up by autoblog.com and it gives some insight on what editors look for when considering cars for publication. (Please excuse the fact that a Mustang was used as the subject vehicle for this particular blog.)

In addition to this feature, I will be using the photos submitted to help line up future feature vehicles for all the magazines that I contribute to and if I get enough great photos of limited production Camaros, I will write up a blog for Automotive Traveler.

Please click here to submit your images. I suggest that you attach just a single image to each E-mail.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I look forward to reviewing some great photos of many true milestone Camaros.

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler
West Coast Contributing Editor, Musclecar Enthusiast

1 - 2 of 2 Posts