GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
The bottom line is that de Ny has forgot more in one day about running a luxury brand than the public knows. Like it or hate it, he knows what he is doing. The uniformed don't realize that Infiniti broke multiple sales records this year because of the blueprint he gave them, not in spite of it. Infiniti is thrilled with the direction he gave them.

He'll probably be asked to tone it down a bit but one thing is for sure, he isn't afraid to voice his opinion and tell it how it is. Cadillac needs someone with conviction and swagger like him, a.k.a. someone that actually has drive and won't settle for mediocrity. He could have some things differently but you'd think people would be excited for whatever change was necessary to bring Cadillac back to greatness. The GM public needs a cultural adjustment as much as Cadillac.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I say give the guy a chance. Let him stir the pot a little. It's to early to tell if he's good or bad for Cadillac. Based on his experience things should work out. Any vehicles he gives the green light to we won't see for years anyways, so I'm gonna sit back and watch the show. I will say though, if he Fu*ks up Cadillac he's dead to me.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bottom line is that de Ny has forgot more in one day about running a luxury brand than the public knows. Like it or hate it, he knows what he is doing. The uniformed don't realize that Infiniti broke multiple sales records this year because of the blueprint he gave them, not in spite of it. Infiniti is thrilled with the direction he gave them.

He'll probably be asked to tone it down a bit but one thing is for sure, he isn't afraid to voice his opinion and tell it how it is. Cadillac needs someone with conviction and swagger like him, a.k.a. someone that actually has drive and won't settle for mediocrity. He could have some things differently but you'd think people would be excited for whatever change was necessary to bring Cadillac back to greatness. The GM public needs a cultural adjustment as much as Cadillac.
I think the only thing I disagree with him is the CTx naming scheme.
A) I would love the return to real names.
B) CT6 sounds like its fighting the A6 and not the A8 & 7 series. I dont think it makes much sense to the average buyer until they release the CT8 or CT9. And when you start going after the Bentley and Rolls-Royce market, theres nothing wrong with actual names.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think everyone who "hates him" is a Cadillac and/or GM traditionalist -- afraid of change and in denial of the failure that has wrecked the Cadillac brand of the last half century.

Good for de Nysschen for making the REQUIRED changes for TRUE SUCCESS.
Good for Mary Bara and Dan Ammann for giving him the tools and green light to do what ever it takes. I think by 2017-2018 our conversations will be vastly different

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Somebody get this man a medal, because he's a winner.

The more people who hate him, the better he is for Cadillac and GM in general. More change is good change for a company as ****ed up as GM.

My only issue is the new nomenclature. I disagree with his strategy and find it both devoid of character and very limiting.

I think everyone who "hates him" is a Cadillac and/or GM traditionalist -- afraid of change and in denial of the failure that has wrecked the Cadillac brand of the last half century.

Good for de Nysschen for making the REQUIRED changes for TRUE SUCCESS.
Absolutely. Conservatism is good to a point. Holding onto the past is good until you're carrying so much baggage, it restricts your ability to move forward.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ignorance is free! The majority of people tend to be pretty basic, they are driven and parroted the comment more "popular".

A high percentage of "fans" of Cadillac in North America seem to be in a bubble, as they were accustomed to all Cadillac strategies were focused on the American market will not understand that the brand needs to look beyond, to broaden their horizons .. . Applies for moving to New York and changing nomenclature.

Criticizing is very comfortable and easy, anyone can do it. But criticize without bases, only that "it's what everyone says" is for cowards, mediocre. How necessary is objectivity!

I liked this comment, forceful:
Announce new nomenclature system, to denote hierarchy and accommodate expanded future portfolio. Every armchair marketing expert has ten opinions to share. Fortunately, I do not determine strategy based on the unfiltered observations of people who do not have a 360 degree understanding of the problem.

·
Registered
44,415 Posts

There's just a couple things wrong here:

1) De Nysschen should have status on some airline -- somewhere. That has enough weight.
2) Delta just doesn't have the Chinese/Asian routes and options that United and Star Alliance does.
3) Rule #1 traveling internationally, pack at least 1 days worth of clothes in your carry on.
4) Why is he booking flights? All he needs to do is call Corporate Travel and have them deal with it. That is, unless GM's corporate travel system isn't that sophisticated? Or, his admin should be doing it.

·
Registered
44,415 Posts
Somebody get this man a medal, because he's a winner.

The more people who hate him, the better he is for Cadillac and GM in general. More change is good change for a company as ****ed up as GM.
HEHE. Exactly.
I just love the fact that EVERYTHING he is doing right now... is what I've been saying for the last 7 years. Muuahaha..

My only issue is the new nomenclature. I disagree with his strategy and find it both devoid of character and very limiting.
Well, I don't have a real problem with the name. I'm more concerned about consistency across the board.

A lot of questions still remain unanswered.
-- Will this nomenclature show a designation for 1) Diesel, 2) Hybrid, 3) Long wheelbase, 4) Electric, 5) High Performance, 6) High end, 7) AWD?
-- Will the above 7 be carried across ALL lines? Including Escalade?
-- How will engine size be shown with the new nomenclature? If at all?

Absolutely. Conservatism is good to a point. Holding onto the past is good until you're carrying so much baggage, it restricts your ability to move forward.
Pretty much!!

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Criticizing is very comfortable and easy, anyone can do it. But criticize without bases, only that "it's what everyone says" is for cowards, mediocre. How necessary is objectivity!
This, a thousand times.

Any moron can criticize, any moron can disagree; but to criticize and disagree, with a deeply internal comprehension of a subject beyond simply parroting the opinions and mimicking the behaviors of others is a remarkably rare and mature feat few seem capable of.

No, not all opinions are valid. Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is entitled to an informed or deeply contemplated decision. People fail to make the distinction between thinking about one's opinion and contemplating something.

There's a big difference between the two, but they are easily mistaken. It also makes a big difference in both your behavior and the relative worth of your opinion.

·
Registered
447 Posts
My case is similar... Not I especially liked the new nomenclature, I think it could get any better (honestly, I got a little obsessed with the subject :D); but I was always aware that:

• I'm pretty far from being a marketing expert.
  • I am not aware of the degree of acceptance of plates identidicación current (important to make the decision).
  • I have no information on the availability of combinations.
  • Nor do I know the legal process that's behind a change in nomenclature.

But I understand clearly the essence of that change, so I accept it!

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
de Nysschen sees 30,000 unsold ATS and CTS cars in inventory and says we'll limit supply of cars...

The only way he going to clear the pipe is 12 month zero deposit leases that allow those customers to switch
to 24 month leases on '15 models. This is going to be a bitter pill but if Cadillac wants to change image,
then they have to bring customers along for the ride.

Rather than talking about how to avoid this situation, he needs to get in ad sort this train wreck out
before winter hits and buyers go off the boil. He really doesn't have that much time...

·
Registered
165 Posts
This moron thinks his post did not exhibit a great deal of CLASS.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.