·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep Liberty to offer turbo-diesel for '05
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Sunday, May 23, 2004
By James M. Miller

Jeep plans to offer a four-cylinder turbo-diesel as an option in its 2005 Liberty, which is expected to get an estimated fuel economy of 21 miles per gallon in the city, or 27 on the highway.

The engine is rated at 160 horsepower and 295 foot-pounds of torque; Jeep says it delivers better fuel economy and cleaner emissions than a gasoline engine of similar size. The diesel will be available on both Sport and Limited editions.

The 2005 Jeep Liberty will offer a freshened exterior and refined interior across the line, with a with new front fascia, grille, foglamps, fender flares and body side-moldings. Interior refinements include relocated power window switches, new instrument panel cluster graphics and trim bezels.

It is available with rear-wheel drive, part-time or full-time four-wheel drive. The Liberty is rated to tow up to 5,000 pounds.

A Chrysler spokesperson says the Liberty is expected to reach dealers' showrooms sometime this fall.

Full Article Here

·
Registered
790 Posts
hopefully hummer will start to off these in the H2 and H3, if i remember correctly this is the first year for the H1

with the duramax the H2 should have already had it as an option.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by thehemi@May 24 2004, 03:32 PM
Really sweet engine. I would love to have one.
But, alas, the Liberty is too much of a girl's SUV.
I think that should be left for the RAV4... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts