GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. Not sure if this is the correct forum - couldn't find an exact fit. Anyone work at the Delphi chassis brake plants in Dayton or the Janesville Suburban line during the March 1996 strike by Delphi? Several trivial pursuit questions I would like to ask specifically related to composite brake rotors, how long it took to get Janesville lines running again after the strike ended (which I believe was late March), and some questions on rotor science and history as well as the Kelsey-Hayes EBC310 ABS system and how it would react if a front rotor separated into two pieces (disc and hub) during braking.

Many thanks,
B1lanc
NH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine if the disc seperated from the hub the system would be unaffected though you would obviously lose most of the braking power at that wheel, as the speed sensor is in the hub/wheel bearing assembly... that must have been fun!
Yup, was really fun! Beautiful, warm, sunny morning but felt like I was on ice. No pull to the left, no skid marks (and I was standing on the pedal) and no brakes. Pulled two rear ABS codes (35 and 37) but haven't been able to find out what they mean. Literally no brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts