4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second G8 commercial here.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Jalopnik: G8 & Hotwheels

Hell yeah! This is great marketing. I think they are hitting the right age group here.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I saw both of these last night and the first thing I thouhgt was, finally a GM car is getting some good ads. Now all the other brands need to statr getting ads that are as great as this.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to see slot car racing now. I had Dukes of Hazard and it climbed the wall.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think it would have been better if they zoomed out at the end and showed kids playing. If the 'Hot Wheels' title wasnt on top of the page, im not sure I would have gotten it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Now thats Pontiac! Its about time! I hope this car is a big seller, just wish it was in the same price range as the Grand Prix since its replacing it..

·
Registered
907 Posts
These commercials are great. I wonder how the advertising will drive interest from the general public.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice style, but the last time I checked the G8 is was a Pontiac, not a Scion. Though it is a CAR apparently... :eek:

But by itself, that ad would make me think the car had a 4 banger.
All fluff.

I liked the first commercial a lot. I felt with the Spy Hunter theme, you're appealing to the youngsters with the video game theme. This ad should have had some weight to it. Show the grunt this beast has under the hood.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I guess I'm just too old because neither of the two ads do anything for me. I'd prefer something along the lines of what BMW or Mercedes would do.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
It's nostalgic, esp. for boomers and younger folks. I remember having that type of Hot Wheels set up. It was fun.

And the ad illustrates the "fun" aspect that Pontiac hasn't had in years.

And remember, when the ad ends with the note of the G8 being the most powerful car under $30k it's targeted at folks who aren't into a BMW or MB. Cadillac, and to a lesser extent Buick, is after that target audience. That's evident from the difference in "feel" between this ad and the ones that use Kate Walsh for the CTS. If Pontiac is to again equal excitement then they need to push that. Cadillac, being about luxury and power need to go after refinement and sex. And that's what I've been seeing in the Cadillac ads -- like the "does it return the favour" ads.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
AWESOME commercial, i actually like it slightly better than the "spy hunter" commercial. and my 3 year old son LOVES it! when it first started he was like "whats that" but as soon as they showed the front of the car he was like, "THAT'S A G8!!" i will be so surprised if this car does not sell well.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Now that was a great commercial!!! Much better than the Spy Hunter one IMO! Those are the kind of commercials that make you want to buy a car!! (Kind like the T/A hungary commercial of back in the day, they just made yoy excited about the car.) I wonder what kind of commecials Chevy is cooking up for teh Camaro?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.