1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The Cadillac ATS doesn't need to be ashamed, but Travis Okulski does for the drivel that he disseminates in the form of test drive reviews on Jalopnik.

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
This is....... a good sign perhaps ?

Jalopnik puts this kinda' garbage out or worse when...... the subject is having some kind of progress they wish to impede.

So......... maybe ATS is having a good month of sorts much like CTS did in October...... perhaps clearing out the '14s.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I find this article quite laughable. I've had extensive seat time in all trims of ATS... not to mention many of the last generation Eldorado's and to compare the two would be similar to me comparing a Mercedes S-Class to a Honda Accord.

They really don't share much at all other than the fact they have two doors and wear a Cadillac emblem.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Maybe this idiot little twit author is right and every other auto critic is wrong. Maybe, but highly unlikely. Nice pics though. If Jalopnik wants to be taken seriously as an auto site, they need to stop kids pretending to be auto critics from posting such ****. And GM would do well to stop loaning these retards cars to review.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
That was quite possibly the worst article I've ever read in my life. Like, my God, it was AWFUL.

Article said:
Driving the ATS is not really an event, it's not a "driver's car."
...no.

I've been driving the ATS for a 1.5+ years now. The exact term I'd use to describe ATS after putting almost 30,000 miles between two of them is "driver's car". No term really describes it better than that.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Perhaps GM's Legal Department can look into suing Jalopnik of Libel.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
This comment was pure gold:

The Transporter said:
I had a chance to transport a few 2014 ATSes back and forth from various locations. The first time I drove one I was grinning so much I could have played the Joker in the next Batman movie and the amount of rubber missing from the tires was not insignificant. One of the salespeople - an older gentleman - walked up and asked me "Isn't that the worst car you've ever driven?" I asked why he thought that and he pointed out the hard seats and touch controls on the center console. He said he liked the seats in the Buick LaCrosse better and that Cadillac had lost its way. While I'll give him the touch controls, the hard seats had me laughing.

Yes, the LaCrosse has more comfortable seats than the ATS, but I wouldn't call the ATS's seats uncomfortable. They're firm, especially the seat bolstering, which is what you'd need on a track or for canyon carving. Neither of those are old man activities. I responded to him with a question "Have you ever heard of those high frequency noise makers that they put outside of some stores at the mall? Teenagers can hear the noise but we adults can't. They're there to keep away the riff raff. These seats are the same way, except it works only on the elderly. If you want a large, slow, comfortable car to carry yourself and your wife to Costco and the Cracker Barrel, then I suggest you buy a Buick. Cadillac is a young man's brand."
It's true that Cadillac has an image problem but at some point, if you keep choosing image over substance, you're an idiot.

The ATS has the goods.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Yet in the comments, Travis does point out that he thinks the 2.0T is sharper-feeling, so it might have something to do with the heavier motor up front.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Yet in the comments, Travis does point out that he thinks the 2.0T is sharper-feeling, so it might have something to do with the heavier motor up front.
One way to look at it, problem is other automotive publications have compared the V-6 ATS to the 3.0T BMW and 3.5L C class and stated that the ATS drives better. That is the one thing that the ATS hands down does better then the 3 series and C class. If you want a more comfortable car to drive around town then the 3 series would be the choice.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Whe worships the "German superiority" to an extent that he can't/wont admit the progress Cadillac has made.
C Class "spaceships? " Really? Really? It's got most of the lumps and bumps of the S Class and is not futuristic and space-snippy whatsoever.
The author is stuck in a 1980s hate GM mode that does a disservice to the site he represents. His drivel unfortunately shows how far Cadillac still has to go to be considered the German equal or superior. And his opinions are shared by many on GMI.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts