1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jaguar Announces First SUV Amid Aim to Sell 500,000 Autos
Bloomberg
January 11, 2015
By Siddharth Philip

Jaguar will add its first sport-utility vehicle with a production version of the C-X17 concept car that was first shown in 2013, extending an expansion by the British carmaking group.

Underpinned by new vehicles such as its entry-level XE sedan and the Discovery Sport from sister brand Land Rover, the luxury unit of India’s Tata Motors Ltd. (TTMT) targets boosting sales to a record of more than 500,000 vehicles in 2015. Jaguar Land Rover delivered 462,678 vehicles last year, an increase of 9 percent for its fifth straight year of growth.

The expansion will continue in 2016, when the five-seat Jaguar crossover F-PACE will go on sale, the Whitley, England-based manufacturer said in a statement.

Full article at link

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I never in a million years would have guessed that as a name lol. Still, I guess it is kind of original and it will probably sound quite natural in a few years when the add another one called F-PACE SPORT or E-PACE. Can't wait to see the actual vehicle. I'm guessing Frankfurt this fall. With the new XE, plus XF at NY and this later in the year, Jaguar's product roll out is really accelerating! Look out X3/X4 and Q5.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Horrible name. It doesn't even fit the naming scheme, now there's F-Type and F-Pace which are completely different vehicles. Nonsense.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Horrible name. It doesn't even fit the naming scheme, now there's F-Type and F-Pace which are completely different vehicles. Nonsense.
Yeah that's why one is called TYPE and the other is called PACE. They said it was inspired by the F-TYPE, so it makes perfect sense to leverage the name of the most well received Jaguar in modern times, even if that link is slightly tenuous. From a marketing standpoint it makes a lot of sense imo.

·
Registered
44,440 Posts
Yeah that's why one is called TYPE and the other is called PACE. They said it was inspired by the F-TYPE, so it makes perfect sense to leverage the name of the most well received Jaguar in modern times, even if that link is slightly tenuous. From a marketing standpoint it makes a lot of sense imo.
Tenuous is definitely the word for it!!
Well... we'll see.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
That's an odd name.
Well I thinks it's pretty obvious the ads will go something along the lines of GRACE, SPACE, PACE: NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL. INTRODUCING THE NEW F-PACE, A SPORTS CAR FOR THE FAMILY.

Or "GRACE, SPACE, F-PACE: Yes you can have it all.

I'm sure they'll come up with something pretty clever for the advertising.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts