GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jaguar wants to use a projector system to make the roof pillars transparent. Basically, the screen would be embedded in the surface of each pillar inside the car and would take a live video feed from cameras covering the angles outside the car usually obscured in the blind spots created by the A, B and especially the C-pillars.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/j...-me-ghost-car-for-nav-system-video-90041.html

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
That's kind of cool. And pretty helpful in this age of uber-thick roof pillars.

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
But its all perspective, depending on where you sit won't it not lineup with what you actually see out of the windshield?

I still think a neat idea that was never executed was from a Volvo concept a while ago:

Reactions: 70eldo

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
This is a continuation of more crap we don't need....

Weight and complexity continues and yet it's required by the non automotive techies that spend money...

I dig the new jaguar f type s/c v8 coupe and convertible. I can't wait to see the new high performance XE but cameras for the space that's obstructed by A pillars....if that's not overkill on stupid...I don't know what is...

Whose paying for this kind of garbage....

Maybe one day we will have armored vehicles with no glass at all....just cameras....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts