GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The next day, Ford’s Mr. Farley told the Journal that the specifications GM released for the electric Silverado implied it would be able to haul less weight in its bed than Ford’s comparatively tiny gas-powered Maverick pickup.
This is only because GM opted for more range and thus a bigger battery and a heavier vehicle. I think the Silverado will be competitive once the range/battery is dialed back depending on the customer requirements and use case in mind. Even the Lightning with the extended range battery hauls less than the standard range model.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Truck stuff trick: the midgate. With the midgate open, and the optional configurable tailgate extended, that length increases to 10ft 10in. I think that's attractive to contractors and the general public alike, especially given the single crew cab config offered.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So its great for long things that don't weigh a lot, how many people buy a truck to haul 20' pool noodles?
Gross over exaggeration. And as I mentioned earlier, the numbers will be more competitive when the shorter range options are offered. I think the flexibility is key. Throw your kayaks in the bed and avoid having to sling them up on racks. It's a cool option IMO with plenty of conceivable use cases. You've got to try and stand out from the pack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts