GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
a photo hack of an Opel/Vauxhall, I believe. They have the same one on j-body.orgy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Why must everything be a (^#$^&% hatchback?? <_<

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
That is absolutely NOT the Cobalt. That is our good ol' GM hater friend, Vince Burlapp's photoshop image. The Hatch won't look that good...thats based on an Opel. Same platform though...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you look really close at the bowtie you can definatly tell its a fake. The wheels are perfectly lined up - almost like they were never rotated b4. Funny stuff

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's a photoshopped Opel/Vauhall Whatitshname, which is a mechanical cousin to the Cobalt. I think it's a 2005 model on its way, and it was shown at the European shows this year. One of the prettiest small cars I've seen in years.

Let's hope that Chevy uses it like this, but I'm betting that America's irrational hatred of hatchbacks kills our chances of getting it. (OK, not irrational: I used to date a guy with a '78 Datsun B-210 hatchback, a car that was ugly enough to put anyone off, well, even cars for life.)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by KnightHawk@Dec 11 2003, 06:42 PM
Here is the official sketchs of the Chevy Cobalt & Pontiac Pursuit.

:drevil:
I can't see the Pursuit!! Can you post it again?? ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by blkfire@Dec 10 2003, 08:05 PM
If it's not, what is it?????

It's this.....

Image of GTC Geneve concept courtesy of Opel.com

The GTC is based on the new OPEL Astra, AKA GM's Delta platform (Saturn ION/Chevy Cobalt/Pontiac Pursuit).

For all of those who may have missed the discussion on the New Chevy Cobalt,
Here is a pic from an earlier gminsidenews.com thread dated May 10th:

full link to this gminsidenews.com thread here:
FUTURE CHEVROLET COUPE SPIED IN PHOTO!

Ken

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Actually, if the red car is the rear of the Cobalt, then the gold car immediately behind the woman in the photo shows a front view of the Cobalt, or more likely, the Pontiac Pursuit. It looks very similar to the concept sketch, and the wheels bear a family resemblance to those of the new Malibu.

If it turns out to be a notchback version ot the GTC, we could have done a lot worse.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What's wrong with a hatchback? Honestly-- why in the name of all that is holy would a cavalier size vehicle need a trunk? What are you going to put in it? A six-pack? At least with a hatchback a small size vehicle can hold a decent amount of cargo. A useless little trunk is, well.....useless.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm got my subs in there...minus those, I have enough room for anything I'd need to put in there. Only time I needed more room was when I moved to college--but that's what my dad's Ram is for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealers saw the Cobalt in Vegas in Sept. My dealer says to think new Malibu for the general look of the Cobalt sedan. The Cobalt coupe will be more in the look of a "fastback". Great new look for the coupe, conservative improvement for the sedan. Both are HUUUUUUUUUUGE improvements over the Cavalier. BTW, What's the "Pursuit", and where will it be sold?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts