GM Inside News Forum banner

Is this real?

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  amark329 
#1 ·

See less See more
#4 ·
Im not sure that I have read anything about the hardtop coupe version of the Corvette continuing into the next generation...this looks like a photo-shop of a regular 2005 C6 Corvette with a hardtop of the current C5 grafted on to the body and then lowered a little bit, not bad work though....I have heard that the next Z06 would be based on the hatchback version.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jun 24 2004, 11:51 AM
I don't agree with your logic. I could rename a file anything I wanted to.
It's not just that. There haven't been any official photos released. Besides that the Z06 is supposed to look much more different than the base (More than the Current Base vs. Z06 relationship). Besides that the next Z06 is a hatch not a coupe. And why would someone just randomly name a Corvette "C6_z06" if they had no intention of designing it like a Z06 (notice the previous gen design elements).

#13 ·
Its a chop, it has to be. The top is unchanged from the C5, and its lines aren't compatible with the C6 at all. Besides, Dave Hill said the Z06 would be more visually differentiated from the base coupe, as has been mentioned already. He also said it would have a fastback back window like the coupe, but without the targa top.

#14 ·
The Z06 not being a coupe is new to me. I heard the Z06 will remain a FRC car to keep weight down.

That picture is a 100% total chop. He didnt even change the wheels? all he did was lower it, and put the small scoops. The Z06 is supposed to be much more agressive looking then the standard C6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.