GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=248510726&dealer_id=57690352&ct=u

I've been looking for cheap cars (~3,000 or less), and I came across this. It's a 99 Grand Cherokee with 113k miles. It's probably the nicest car I've seen in my price range, so it's really tempting. And I'll only be driving 200-400 miles a month so the gas millage isn't a big deal.

Worth checking out, or should I not even be thinking about it?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Seems like a good deal.

I'm just going throw this out there. It's a little "suspicious" to ask about a Jeep for sale on a GM website with your very first post. ...just saying.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Looks okay to me...but like jkennedy said, have it checked over. The reason it's so cheap is probably the mileage, but you never know...

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I go here all the time. This is my first post on this account.
;)You didn't happen to buy a Cobalt did you? :lmao:

Anyway, if the Jeep is close to your location, it's definitely worth a look. The worst that could happen is a wasted hour.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Or two. It's like 100 miles away.

btw... leave my cobalt alooooone.

What kinda colbalt?:confused::)

oh...that Jeep looks like a good find. If you check it out, go through it very good.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kinda colbalt?:confused::)

oh...that Jeep looks like a good find. If you check it out, go through it very good.
I was just kidding about the cobalt. If I had one I sure as hell wouldn't be looking at at a 99 Jeep.

And I thought it looked like a good deal too. But I just noticed something. They have similar models with just under 100k miles, and they are about $2,000 more. In NY used cars aren't covered by lemon law if they have over 100k... so that's a little concerning and might explain why they aren't asking much.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Sounds good to me as long as you get it checked out first. As for the price being so low I would say it probably as a lot more to do with gas prices now a days than to say something might be mechanically wrong with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts