GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Good question because there is no known info on the next gen Escape, the assumption is the Kuga and Escape will merge into a single product.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Kuga gets refresh for MY2012 to comply with US standards, and begins production in the US named as the new Escape.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think it works well in everyones favor, the Russian market is exploding similar to China's as of late, so I dont see any sales loss or canabalization of models in the russian lineup. It would however occur in the US if Ford had a Kiuga, current Escape, and Edge.

Its good to hear the Kuga will get a chance to be marketed in NA around 2012, I hope Ford NEVER puts a V6 as large as the Edges in the Kuga/ Escape. The Next Escape can compete with the CR-V truly with just an I-4 and ditch the compact V6 market to leave on the Rav4.

I dont think a V6 would even fit in that vehicle, its small...

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I think it works well in everyones favor, the Russian market is exploding similar to China's as of late, so I dont see any sales loss or canabalization of models in the russian lineup. It would however occur in the US if Ford had a Kiuga, current Escape, and Edge.

Its good to hear the Kuga will get a chance to be marketed in NA around 2012, I hope Ford NEVER puts a V6 as large as the Edges in the Kuga/ Escape. The Next Escape can compete with the CR-V truly with just an I-4 and ditch the compact V6 market to leave on the Rav4.

I dont think a V6 would even fit in that vehicle, its small...
It's as big as an Escape which has a 3.0l V6. It also weighs slightly more!

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
The Kuga/Escape will have an I4 and Ecoboost I4 available. It's based on the Ford Focus, which means a V6 doesn't even fit.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
dont forget the Volvo inline 5, heck I wonder if maybe when they make the redesigned the 6 fits

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
It's as big as an Escape which has a 3.0l V6. It also weighs slightly more!
True, but the Escape is built on effectively a shortened Mazda 626 platform, which was of course designed to take a V6. The Kuga is on the Focus platform, designed for fours and the Volvo inline five only.

I'm disappointed the current Kuga isn't coming here. It ties the Mazda CX7 as the slickest looking cute ute on the market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts