GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like no matter how good of a job GM does, it doesn't matter. The perception of GM is getting worse and worse even as their product improves.

What was really concerning is the Hybrid sales. Hybrids are extremely hot right now, but they were still only able to sell 228 Tahoe Hybrids and 123 Yukon Hybrids. In fact all their hybrids sales combined totaled ~5,500. That's pathetic!

The fact that people avoid GM when it comes to today's "hot" cars seems like a serious issue. I guess that's the whole point of the Volt, to turn their image around. But seriously... I can't imagine a lot of people getting excited over $40k Chevy. Even if it is advanced and modern and amazing and all that.

·
Premium Member
35,882 Posts
If, if, if...half of life is if.

The best thing GM could have done is never let the MBAs take over the company. Since the beancounters have almost bankrupted the company, and are still in charge and still have no clue, don't expect them to fire themselves for incompetence.

The next best thing they could do is float some huge loans and buy the Shrinking3 networks (ABC, NBC, CBS).
Shytcan all the highly opinionated "reporters" and anchors and hire some real, actual journalists if such still are being produced by our corrupt university system.
By that I mean people who can dispassionately present the sides of a story without grossly prejudicing it as if the Politbureau BS Department produced it.
The overt conflicts of interest we see today in "reporters" etc. are simply scandalous and explain much about our declining civilization.

With reporters giving fair and honest representations, GM could stand or fall on its merits instead of being constantly trashed by the pro-yota, blame-America-first agitprop media.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
It will take quite a bit of time, but in the end it will be up to GM Communications and Marketing to get people to look at the company differently. GMNext is a great program that can do just that, but it won't be an overnight thing.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
The car business is like every other business, the secret to success is offering a superior product at lower price than your competitors. Name one car other than the Corvette that is better than anything the competition has?

Product is still the problem!!!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
$24 k? Don't hold your breath. The Prius didn't put Toyota on the map, many models did. The same applies for GM. The Volt alone can't turn around a car company. A full ine of superior vehicles that are less expensive than the competition might be a good start.

·
Registered
44,163 Posts
How?

GM can quit making reasons as to why they don't do things.
They can quit managing my PR release.

They can actually put their money where their mouth is and give people what the want and ask for, not point to stats generated by some internal validation team and say "no, we are right, you are wrong."

GM needs to act like a company that no longer has any effect on what the market says and does.
GM just needs to quit making excuses for why they do things.
Americans have had enough of their crap and they no longer listen.

·
Registered
189 Posts
offer the Beat in the US.

but no! its "too small" Americans will never buy it, so lets have them vote for it and then design it to fail US crash standards.

ya thats the ticket to sales! ya that will get America to buy more of our cars!

great job GM

keep up the great work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If, if, if...half of life is if.

The best thing GM could have done is never let the MBAs take over the company. Since the beancounters have almost bankrupted the company, and are still in charge and still have no clue, don't expect them to fire themselves for incompetence.

The next best thing they could do is float some huge loans and buy the Shrinking3 networks (ABC, NBC, CBS).
Shytcan all the highly opinionated "reporters" and anchors and hire some real, actual journalists if such still are being produced by our corrupt university system.
By that I mean people who can dispassionately present the sides of a story without grossly prejudicing it as if the Politbureau BS Department produced it.
The overt conflicts of interest we see today in "reporters" etc. are simply scandalous and explain much about our declining civilization.

With reporters giving fair and honest representations, GM could stand or fall on its merits instead of being constantly trashed by the pro-yota, blame-America-first agitprop media.
Journalism is now a joke - all National Enquirer slock.

The Greats of Old - Cronkite, Morrow, Huntley, Brinkely and Scheiffer are all nearly dead and gone.

only Bob sheifer remains.

- the last of the Old Guard, when reporters and anchors had brains and took pride in your role as the Fourth Estate.

anyone who wants to see a good anchor do his job just watch the master Mr Sheiffer on Face the Nation. He is the last one left. when he retires I will cry a good one, knowing that all will be lost in the world of good journalism.

There is not one newer generation anchor worth crap out there. investigative reporting is dead due to the bean counters. journalism is the lowest of the low today. Iraqnam would never have gotten the green light by the media with the flimsy "evidence" of WMD had journalists been doing their damn job!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Consistently make cars that beat the competition, not just match it. Deliver on its promises, or stop making promises.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Try again, they're great cars but nothing truly special.
Clearly you haven't driven the new models and saying that all journalists and magazines are wrong. They ARE class leading and great vehicles. That is Malibu, CTS, Lambda, Sky, Solstice, Aura, Vue, Silverado, Yukon,... they are all best in class.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Clearly you haven't driven the new models and saying that all journalists and magazines are wrong. They ARE class leading and great vehicles. That is Malibu, CTS, Lambda, Sky, Solstice, Aura, Vue, Silverado, Yukon,... they are all best in class.
You don't have to sell me, I'm a Chevy guy. GM needs to sell everybody else out there buying the competition's products.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts