1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is GTI-R replacing the R32?

Quote from www.leftlanenews.com:

Quote:
The all-wheel drive R32 model will be discontinued, and replaced by an AWD GTI-R with the same turbo motor from the Audi TT-S, making 265 horsepower.

This is the hatch I have wanted VW to produce. It would be lighter and better handling with easy power upgrades with the forged Turbo 4. Because it would have a more violent power delivery it would also make better use of the AWD than the current R32 does since it's barely faster than the GTI.

If the R32 does come back it probably will need to have 300 hp to make it viable against what is shaping up to be a true hot hatch.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
They had killer sign and drive leases on R32's in SoFla. I test drove one about 8 weeks ago.........$379 per month, zero down, 36 mos, with top tier credit. And 12,000 mi. per year. I don't know if the deal is still on. $35,000 sticker on these cars. They had 6 at South Motors VW. They also had a used white one with less than 1500 miles for $27,000.
They have/had no resale value.
The R32 is definitely gone for the near future.

·
Registered
785 Posts
reading the new issue of C&D, when I read what was dead, it included the R32. check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts