GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the front end styling of the CTS overdone? I liked it at first, but after seeing them up close, I think that the front end is not as tasteful as the rest of the car. The grill and the lower bumper just seems a bit too overdone to me....even for a Cadillac.

The base model wheels are also not quite to my liking.

I was just wondering if I was the only one who noticed that.

I'd like to see something more edgy than the STS but a little softer than the CTS.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Maybe you are getting old, I'm sure Buick has something just for you :)

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Cadillac (well most automakers for that part) offer the most horribly uninteresting and dull colors. Most CTS's I see are some variety of champagne, wine, or some other potable — or black. I hate black cars. Maybe growing in sunny South Africa, where the only black cars were Valiant cop cars, or funeral-service cars, has something to do with it! And I hate dark blues that are so dark they look almost black.

Cadillacs look better than most in black though.

Cars with sharp angles and creases need to be white to reflect their details. I think the CTS looks great in white.

The CTS's grille looks fine to me. A little aggressive for my personal taste, but aesthetically, it seems to work fine. Maybe a chrome touch here and there would help...

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think it looks just right. If it seems overdone, send it back to the chef. :zippy:

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Cars with sharp angles and creases need to be white to reflect their details. I think the CTS looks great in white.

The CTS's grille looks fine to me. A little aggressive for my personal taste, but aesthetically, it seems to work fine. Maybe a chrome touch here and there would help...
Ugh, WHITE? I never understood why they even bothered to make this colour. Only cop cars, delivery trucks, other fleet vehicles are white :p

Maybe this is only in northern climes :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I agree with everyone who said it depends on the angle, sometimes it looks great and sometimes it looks like something is horribly wrong with it. Usually the former though.
Ugh, WHITE? I never understood why they even bothered to make this colour. Only cop cars, delivery trucks, other fleet vehicles are white :p

Pssh, some (older) cars look tacky in dark colours. Such as '68/'69 Chevelles. They usually only look good in Butternut Yellow and Marina Blue types of colours (along with white). But I'm just really biased in that department..

·
Registered
11,071 Posts

:D

White's long been a popular color in places with lots of sunshine. Dates back to pre-a/c days when a dark color REALLY drew in radiation. That's why one rarely sees a white car in Europe, but in sunny places like Spain and South Africa, it was the most popular color.

I remember as a kid in the 70s reading in Car magazine once that over half of RSA's cars were white.

I think white really brings out the CTS's razor-edged styling. Grays/Silvers and dark colors blur it a bit. The STS looked best in dark blue. I really wish carmakers would get rid of that horrid silver/gray (the color of my car) and awful "champagne" colors. Just something "disco 70s" about the latter that skeeves me out.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
:D

White's long been a popular color in places with lots of sunshine. Dates back to pre-a/c days when a dark color REALLY drew in radiation. That's why one rarely sees a white car in Europe, but in sunny places like Spain and South Africa, it was the most popular color.

I remember as a kid in the 70s reading in Car magazine once that over half of RSA's cars were white.

I think white really brings out the CTS's razor-edged styling. Grays/Silvers and dark colors blur it a bit. The STS looked best in dark blue.

Yeah I think the CTS looks really good in Pearl White! :yup:

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
First of all, since we are not discussion hairdoos or the like, "styling" is the wrong word.

I think the CTS looks amazing, especially in person. Ed Welburn and his design team did an excellent job with the exterior design.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
First of all, since we are not discussion hairdoos or the like, "styling" is the wrong word.

I think the CTS looks amazing, especially in person. Ed Welburn and his design team did an excellent job with the exterior design.
Haha, watching you slowly become an elitist car designer type has been totally worth staying here.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I love the CTS's front end. It's not perfect though. I really don't like how the center portion is recessed. I think that's what makes it look goofy. And yes it's absolutely overdone. Just the way a Cadillac should be.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
LOL, and your opinion on White is?
Lets put it this way, my next car will be white!! Er... my next CTS will be white diamond! Although I do like my CTS in the color I chose, but I don't think it works on the new gen CTS...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts