GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda has filed a trademark to protect the name “CDX.”

Filed on February 11 with the US Patent and trademark office, the trademark covers “automobiles and their structural parts.” The most likely candidate to adopt the CDX nameplate is a small Acura crossover, as it would follow the naming structure of the larger RDX and MDX.

It was recently revealed that Acura is studying the feasibility of selling a small Honda HR-V (pictured above) based crossover and it seems like the brand has already chosen a name for the small vehicle. Bringing a new crossover into the lineup makes sense for the brand, which sold nearly double the amount of crossover than cars last year.

If built, the Acura CDX would compete directly with the Buick Encore which has posted impressive sales numbers since its launch.
Read the complete story on the Acura CDX at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
This is why GM needs to get off their keister and keep updating the little bugger. A better engine would be a good place to start
What "Little bugger"?

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
I'm guessing with a base price of 35K for a RDX, the CDX will be more like 30K base, still much more like the GLA and X1 than the Encore.

Either way, they should build this vehicle. I've said that much before!

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
This is why GM needs to get off their keister and keep updating the little bugger. A better engine would be a good place to start
A new face and a weight reduction would be even better.

What "Little bugger"?
Encore.

I'm guessing with a base price of 35K for a RDX, the CDX will be more like 30K base, still much more like the GLA and X1 than the Encore.

Either way, they should build this vehicle. I've said that much before!
Nah. CDX won't be that bad. I don't think Acura has the pricing power.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
This is based off the Fit, right?
My aunt has an old RAV-4 and before that she had a CR-V. She hates the new ones because they're too big for her. She's holding on to what she has until these come out.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I don't know about that. The ILX flopped big time vs. the Verano.
ILX was a car. This is a CUV. Selling CUVs is like falling off a log by comparison, partly because that market is expanding so strongly (and other reasons). Dear moderator: please delete this immediately. We wouldn't want the execs at Cadillac to ever realize they should make some kind of effort, no matter how tepid, in the CUV sector. Wouldn't want to make some easy money, would we?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I don't know about that. The ILX flopped big time vs. the Verano.
ILX flopped regardless of whether it's put up against something. Honda's own Accord was a superior value to the ILX, let alone a variety of other vehicles.

When it comes to the right product for your brand, Acura has been doing very well with their crossovers (despite their sedans) so this would likely also do well, just like a Buick crossover would between Encore and Enclave. (Or, where the RDX is right now.)

Encore could probably move up in price now that it's established itself and there's a model/Trax below it within GM.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Encore could probably move up in price now that it's established itself and there's a model/Trax below it within GM.
I sat in a loaded Encore at the 2014 CIAS - $33 K and change (Canadian dollars). I sat in one this year (2015 CIAS) - $38 K and change. How much more money do you think people are willing pay for a tiny little CUV with a 138 horsepower semi-engine? Seriously?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I sat in a loaded Encore at the 2014 CIAS - $33 K and change (Canadian dollars). I sat in one this year (2015 CIAS) - $38 K and change. How much more money do you think people are willing pay for a tiny little CUV with a 138 horsepower semi-engine? Seriously?
Sorry, I meant base MSRP. I wouldn't want the loaded pricing moving up unless they upgrade something (engine, a few more features, etc) either.

The one at the local auto show last week was $34k. That's in loaded compact CUV territory. Also a $5k gap between a loaded Encore and the Enclave starting MSRP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts