GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at the 'new' Cobalt I am really disappointed that the General didn't go just a little further with the revamp on the interior and exterior. I mean could they not have at least given it some Astra parts? The two cars are on the same platform aren't they?

It's the SRX scenario all over again. Sure Caddy gave it a new interior, but the outside looks the same as it has since its debut. The Cobalt has some great drivetrain improvements, but no one will think anything has changed since it still looks like the same Cobalt we all know and ...well...like.

For goodness sake look at how Toyota passes off that porky old Corolla as ''all new'' when in reality its only gotten a nip and tuck here and there. The difference is, however, that the public notices the differences just by looking at the Corolla. And Toyota advertises the heck out its cars even when they've been out for a while.

All I'm saying is that the Cobalt is a decent car that is having to erase memories of the Cavalier that it replaced, but unfortunately with this car, many will percieve GM to be up to its old neglectful ways like they were with the Cav. The Cobalt deserves better. Please make some styling and interior tweaks GM; especially to that frumpy Cobalt Sedan.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Looking at the 'new' Cobalt I am really disappointed that the General didn't go just a little further with the revamp on the interior and exterior. I mean could they not have at least given it some Astra parts? The two cars are on the same platform aren't they?
It's the SRX scenario all over again. Sure Caddy gave it a new interior, but the outside looks the same as it has since its debut. The Cobalt has some great drivetrain improvements, but no one will think anything has changed since it still looks like the same Cobalt we all know and ...well...like.
For goodness sake look at how Toyota passes off that porky old Corolla as ''all new'' when in reality its only gotten a nip and tuck here and there. The difference is, however, that the public notices the differences just by looking at the Corolla.
All I'm saying is that the Cobalt is a nice car that is having to erase memories of the Cavalier that it replaced, but unfortunately with this car many will percieve GM to be up to its old neglectful ways. Please make some styling and interior tweaks GM; especially that frumpy Cobalt Sedan.
Look at the profit/loss statements for GM and Toyota.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Astra's not on Delta-anything. It's a modified GM2700 platform.

GM's run just like the average American household — in debt with no sign of relief, no equity, anything of value hocked and sold long ago, head in the sand, oblivious to the world around it, doing absolutely nothing to resolve the situation, led by a clueless and incompetent parent, and steadfastly refusing to implement anything resembling change in behavior in order to rectify the situation.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
GM's run just like the average American household — in debt with no sign of relief, no equity, anything of value hocked and sold long ago, head in the sand, oblivious to the world around it, doing absolutely nothing to resolve the situation, led by a clueless and incompetent parent, and steadfastly refusing to implement anything resembling change in behavior in order to rectify the situation.
:eek: Very dismal t-rex. Too bad it's true!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.