GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford has released the first renderings of what they call the 2015 Model T. So does this mean Ford is ready to return to the cheap auto market to compete against tata and the chinese? I hope so. They could use a car that everyone could afford.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=132692

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
you want us to believe that?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Airbags and NHSTA say no. Though I really don't understand it. If I want to buy a new car that's lighter and gets better MPGs because of it and is cheaper why not? What is the survival rate of a highway crash anyway?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Theres no way Ford would build a 3 wheel vehicle. i can see them making something off the Fiesta or Ka/ Fiat platform for emerging markets, much like the current Ford Ikon. Theres just is no way however that they would be serious to entertain the ideas of design contest for serious production consideration

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
I actually love the idea... what's more retro than a new Model T? If there was some way to do it on a small RWD platform... what about the Miata platform? Keep it very basic and very light... maintain as much of the original shape as possible, but of course modernising it a bit... I'd love a 2015 Ford Model T! They could totally recreate a new tuner culture!

That said, that design has nothing to do with the Model T. They need something that respects the original... not one that takes the name and does something completely different.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Theres no way Ford would build a 3 wheel vehicle. i can see them making something off the Fiesta or Ka/ Fiat platform for emerging markets, much like the current Ford Ikon. Theres just is no way however that they would be serious to entertain the ideas of design contest for serious production consideration
I do not believe it is three wheel, I believe they put an axal where the three wheel goes. its simply based off off it, just like how a trimotorcycle is just a bi with an axal in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts