GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice the irony that rising fuel prices and concerns about the environment create the ideal environment for Saab yet Saab seems to be OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND?

I'd been expecting a big push by GM to highlight/revive Saab's EcoPower engine theme, great fuel economy, powerful 4-cyl engines, european design with a focus on the driver, etc. Instead, they've stuck on that airplane theme. Go figure.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Saabs are wonderful cars and it is a shame that you don't hear of them at all. On the bright side a lot of Saab dealerships are with Saturn and as Saturn sales pick up, hopefully Saab will also be noticed.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
The problem is very few car makers are increasing sales even with cars that sip fuel. People don't want to buy car's at all in a recession.

Mind you if SAAB had something like the new Jag XF then they would get a sales boost. Jag is recording sales increases across all models (except the XK). Maybe that's to do with having a popular new product and also a shift away from Premium SUV's to Premium cars??? Maybe if SAAB had a exciting new car with a radically different styling direction then their sales would rise too? But in truth it's grim out there for everyone...

·
Premium Member
35,886 Posts
If it will help, I'll put some SAAB tags on my Spectra (plural of Spectrum). :cool:

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Anyone notice the irony that rising fuel prices and concerns about the environment create the ideal environment for Saab yet Saab seems to be OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND?

I'd been expecting a big push by GM to highlight/revive Saab's EcoPower engine theme, great fuel economy, powerful 4-cyl engines, european design with a focus on the driver, etc. Instead, they've stuck on that airplane theme. Go figure.
Saab was pushing Ecopower before they even called it ecopower in the 1980's... today is...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts