GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not sat in either of them, but it would seem to me like the quality gap has all but disappeared from images taken live. Who has experienced it and what is your honest opinion? THANKS

4S Vs Z51

Higher End Porsche's & Corvettes GT3 & Z06

Generally observing from a distance, it would seem to me that even if in real life the Porche Materials are better, they are not so superior as to consider corvette not in the same league, at least the corvette buyer cannot walk away feeling cheated in interior materials.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Honestly I think the Vette's interior is a lot better, the Porsche looks dated already IMO. Plus GM has really stepped up with the new Vette's interior.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
The good news is you're at least asking if the Corvette is as good as the Porsche. In every previous generation the Corvette interior wasn't even in the conversation. There's no question this newest interior is world's better than its predecessors but it's still lacking to the Porsche. Honest question, are those turn signal/headlight stalks out of the Cruze parts bin? Looks awfully similar.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have driven a '15 911 Cabrio and sat inside the latest Corvette and there is no doubt the Porsche interior is better built and of higher quality.

However, the new Corvette interior is worlds better than GM's previous efforts.

Reactions: mchicha

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Layout or materials in your opinion, how big is the gap?
Materials go to the Porsche, no doubt. But that's not to say that the Corvette was low quality. It's very nice, but the Porsche is just better. Layout wise, they're about equal.

Build quality in the Porsche was better as well.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Materials go to the Porsche, no doubt. But that's not to say that the Corvette was low quality. It's very nice, but the Porsche is just better. Layout wise, they're about equal.

Build quality in the Porsche was better as well.
Nice, its a huge step for Corvette, Its amazing how well side bolstered that GT3 seat is. From pictures , its difficult to tell which vehicle is better

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
hey you can always defend the Corvette because it's like half the price right?

Reactions: mchicha

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Nice, its a huge step for Corvette, Its amazing how well side bolstered that GT3 seat is. From pictures , its difficult to tell which vehicle is better
For sure. The C7 is really the first Corvette to have a very nice interior. C6 was terrible and C5 even worse.

By the way, the Porsche seats are the worst part of the interior IMHO.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
hey you can always defend the Corvette because it's like half the price right?
From a sports car contest, its a no brainer, the top end GT3 cannot even touch last Gen Z06 laptimes. That war was won long ago by Corvette..

For sure. The C7 is really the first Corvette to have a very nice interior. C6 was terrible and C5 even worse.

By the way, the Porsche seats are the worst part of the interior IMHO.
those are probably built for the track not for outright comfort,l but corvette now offers two seat options, comfort or track

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
those are probably built for the track not for outright comfort,l but corvette now offers two seat options, comfort or track
Yup. And both are better than the Porsche seats you posted in the picture. The Porsche seats are okay, but I felt the Corvette ones are better suited for performance driving and are more comfortable overall.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I haven't sat in the newest 911-gen. but my former boss would laugh at You American professors of German quality supremacy. This is how seat in his quite new 911 4s looked like after taking a longer trip.

And I never liked those plastics inside. The whole interior looked like it belonged to a Golf not a 100.000+ Euro sports car.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't sat in the newest 911-gen. but my former boss would laugh at You American professors of German quality supremacy. This is how seat in his quite new 911 4s looked like after taking a longer trip.

And I never liked those plastics inside. The whole interior looked like it belonged to a Golf not a 100.000+ Euro sports car.
Its against established religion to post things like that on any automotive forum.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
The c7 interior is much better than ever before and I'm not an interior guy. I'm happy driving my c6 with just swapping out for a DSV d shaped steering wheel, new leather on the door elbow pads and center console....I had the driver seat rebuilt and it's awesome...

That said the c7 is even better...

Comparing the Porsche interior it's still superior. The aluminum trim is supverior as is the leather but at twice the price and slower on the track and on the road....is it really a car you want?

If it is....then hats off congrats...

For me...I'd rather have the c7 z06 or c7 z51

1 - 16 of 16 Posts