GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.auto-report.net/tm200301.html

Interesting:
Old News, but still interesting, is that GM has refreshed its tradmark on the Chevelle name as of February 2nd, 2003.

SPV was registered by the Saturn Corporation (dunno what that is all about) as of February 7th, 2003.

There will probably be either a new Holden or a Holden concept next year named the SV300, as it was registered in New Zealand and Australia as of February 24th and 26th respectively.

Mercedes Benz will launch a new line called the X-Series, which will have X 400, X 320, X 280, X 550, X 450, X 350 X55, X500, X63 designations, implying it will be powered by several engines, a 2.8L Engine, a 3.2L, a 3.5L, a 4.0L, a 4.5L engine, and a 5.5L engine and a 6.3L engine, which will probably be the AMG due to the absence of the last 0. However the X55 may be an AMG as well.

Here is when and where the trademarks were scheduled, so it may be a world-wide vehcile.
2003-04-07/DE
2003-10-06/CA
2003-10-07/US

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Signia and Legato from Ford :huh:

OMG look, it says that the Skyline is going to be a sport sedan :eek:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nahh... Red Line is supossed to be that

·
Registered
396 Posts
Originally posted by gerardo_zg@Nov 28 2003, 03:28 AM
Nahh... Red Line is supossed to be that
Saturn Performance Vehicles could be the name of the group modifying the RedLines. think PVO and SRT-xx

but this is probably only a pipe dream on my behalf.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Hmmmm....anything to do with "Saturn Motorsports"? :

For the 2004 Model year, Saturn motorsports will be releasing the Ion Quad Coupe in a tuned turbocharged version with HP/Torque numbers estimated in the 300-350 range, running Alpine ICE, and some other mods such as APC Bodykits, Motegi or Enkei wheels and a few other parts.
http://forums.domestictunerz.com/index.php...?showtopic=9682

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I wouldn't rule out some kinds of Chevelle concept...but if it happens it would be more smoke and mirrors for the 2007 Camaro since they can't really call it that. Kinda like how alot of styling from teh SS concept is showing up on the C6

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Or they could have just copyrighted the name for like clothing, hats, memorbila.... GM does make that stuff...

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by nsap@Nov 29 2003, 08:48 AM
Or they could have just copyrighted the name for like clothing, hats, memorbila.... GM does make that stuff...
Why make hats, clothing, etc. for a car that has been dead for decades? I think Branden is right about the concept leading to the Camaro.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Nov 29 2003, 09:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Nov 29 2003, 09:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nsap@Nov 29 2003, 08:48 AM
Or they could have just copyrighted the name for like clothing, hats, memorbila....  GM does make that stuff...
Why make hats, clothing, etc. for a car that has been dead for decades? I think Branden is right about the concept leading to the Camaro. [/b][/quote]
Yes, I know it seems stupid to market memoribla from a car that hasn't been produced in decades, but they do, my friend has a t-shirt with Chevelle on it and it says on the tag that the name is trademarked by GM. and it is a fairly new shirt.. ;) I agree too, i look for it to be a concept car a NAIAS..

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Registering the name just prevents other companies from ever using it.

We wouldn't like to see a Hyundai Chevelle anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Nov 29 2003, 10:27 PM

This raises an interesting point - I saw an older Chevy S-10 "Durango", or was it "Dakota" recently....there was another similar name used by another company, can't recall it though. I've also noticed how some tire makers have tires named after vehicles, like Wrangler and Bronco.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Nov 30 2003, 12:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Nov 30 2003, 12:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rex Raider@Nov 29 2003, 10:27 PM

This raises an interesting point - I saw an older Chevy S-10 "Durango", or was it "Dakota" recently....there was another similar name used by another company, can't recall it though. I've also noticed how some tire makers have tires named after vehicles, like Wrangler and Bronco. [/b][/quote]
the S10 was Durango. It was a package on the 4wd s10's in the late 80's. :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
What if GM got the Chevelle name to pair it up with long lost name plate... you guessed it.... Malibu? Instead of the MAXX, it will be the Chevelle!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts