GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I am seeing them all over the place down here in Miami, and they seem to be selling to affluent people who might have otherwise bought imports.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
That was MAY though. The state of the economy, car market, country, and the world are vastly different here on the cusp of October.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Build a beautiful car... and they will come...
Wish GM would fully understand that concept.
I know, eh! It's like:

"Geez, those Enclaves are sure selling. It must be the size."

Argh.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
What is the "turn rate" exactly?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I know, eh! It's like:

"Geez, those Enclaves are sure selling. It must be the size."

Argh.
My personal take is that they have some sort of inferiority complex where they think GM is some second tier car corporation underserving of charging high MSRPs. As a result they tend to cheap out on cars and/or sell on the value proposition instead of the gottahaveit factor. The Enclave slipped through the cracks somehow and they are surprised by the result.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Exactly why the turn-rate of the Enclave today is rather pointless.
It's the furtherest thing from pointless. It would indicate whether or not the model is resiliant and impervious to market swings. Continued quick rates of turn during a falling market would speak volumes as to the desirablity and long-term viability of the product.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the furtherest thing from pointless. It would indicate whether or not the model is resiliant and impervious to market swings. Continued quick rates of turn during a falling market would speak volumes as to the desirablity and long-term viability of the product.
On a small car, sure. On a huge crossover...in a market that is screwed up with high GAS PRICES. No, it would mean nothing. Almost every crossover and SUV has taken a hit during the past couple months.

However I will say that Enclave sales have been up every month this year (even in August).

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
It was tied with the Viper...awesome. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
On a small car, sure. On a huge crossover...in a market that is screwed up with high GAS PRICES. No, it would mean nothing. Almost every crossover and SUV has taken a hit during the past couple months.

However I will say that Enclave sales have been up every month this year (even in August).
The JUMBO Sequoia's sales are up. An appealing product should be able to weather the storm and steal market share from weaker offerings in the process. I don't buy your premise nor your dismissal of the relevancy of days-to-turn for large crossovers.

·
Registered
60 Posts

GM sold twice as many Enclave in Sept as they did in May, and have climbed almost every month since. And that is in a SERIOUSLY down market. So you tell me. Is it resilient? Is it imperious to market swings? Does that speak to the desirability and long-term viability, as you put it? I'd say those are pretty bad-ass numbers in a market that was down 33% on average last month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts