14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by chev454ls@Mar 1 2004, 11:59 PM
Burgertime is the king!
Oh no, now I've got that music in my head! Or is that from Dig Dug...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Baseball was awsome!,Tron deadly Discs was most excellent as well, Bump N Jump, Night Stalker, I think a game called Triple Battle, B-17 Bomber....Oh man the memories!!!!.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
We had the Colecovision, that was pretty sweet too!

Just think, we've all had to adapt from text-based games to 2D side-scrollers to 3D go-anwhere-environments while the kids nowadays probably haven't even played a 2D side-scroller let alone a text-based game (unless they've played them on their TI-83 calculator). lol And that's just happened in less than 20 years!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Magnavox Odyssey System. It had colored plastic sheets that were taped to your TV screen for different games........

Oh the horrors :eek:

Ken

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought it for the PS2 today, I'll check it out and let you know. I don't think it comes with tape on plastic overlays for the television set. :p

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All,
I've had some time to play around with this, and its good fun. A lot of games I had forgotten about.

The "Pizza Parlor" idea is pretty neat and sharp, its the interface you go through to select games. There are funky little retro songs playing in the background, even some dude singing in an early 80's type tune: "...My mother sold it at a garage sale, I really want my Intellivision..."

Many really need a second person to enjoy to the fullest, but some like "Tower of Doom" can consume a lot of single player time. On the other hand, there are more than a few "stinkers" in the mix -- but I guess that is true of all consoles.

I imagine that some of these games might actually be hard at first for a kid today to learn to play. The idea of dying when you bump into a wall or fall just a little too far, these things are unique to early 80's gaming.

One thing I like about games like Tank Combat (?) is the simplicity of control. Left, right, forward, shoot. With richocheting bullets and maze-walls, this game is actually still a lot of fun for 2 players. Like a boardgame, it's timeless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts