GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my Camaro design idea. Its a fairly quick sketch so its pretty messy. Ill redraw it later when I feel like it. It looks a but less sleek but more like the Vette on the flanks, and I did this on purpose. I reallyl ike the C6 fender design and the camaro should look just as exciting. problem with the recently departed Camaro, is that it completely abandoned the ponycar look and tried to look like a smoothed out aerovette. This of course IMO made it look blander than bland. The way the Camaros flanks are curved in this concept however, is less slab sided and more of a complex curvature going from the front, over the front wheels and then curving sideways into the doors. the rear is less like the current Camaro. I tried to make the taillights like hte SS concept, and put the bowtie through the rear lights for a little extra flair, but of course that part probably wouldnt make it to production.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
If the Camaro name ever turned into a supercar...I wish it would turn into something like this...Great Job...ever consider adding color to these beauties?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
B) COOL ... love the idea, but it looks a little too much like the NSX. Is it supposed to be a mid-engine car? I like your Riviera idea a little bit better. Slap a Chevy grill on that Riviera and VOILA! Sleek-*** Camaro. CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE CONTEST! :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
very nice, but IMO it moves even further away from the original pony car dimentions. Very exoctic looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts