GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti QX56's price beats rivals
By Josee Valcourt

Nissan Motor Co.'s new Mississippi-made Infiniti QX56 has the upper hand against some competitors when it comes to price.

The manufacturer's suggested retail price of about $50,000 beats its closest competition in the full-size luxury sports utility class.

The all-wheel drive version of the QX56 will start at $50,400, which comes in lower than an all-wheel General Motor Co. Cadillac Escalade starting at $54,880, said Kelly Stennick of Edmunds.com, a research Web site for car buyers.

Infiniti's rear-wheel drive version was stamped with a $47,400 price tag.

"The price point is fantastic compared to the competition and it's really a complete package," Stennick said.

more...

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002@Jan 26 2004, 06:45 AM
I think it's ugly.
One of these things has been tooling around near where I work for a few months, and man is it a sore sight for healthy eyes. It's not one of those designs that "grows" on you either, at least not in a good way. :blink:

The funny thing about it is that it looks just as much like a bad Photoshop image in real life as it does in print or on your computer screen.

The Nissan version of this vehicle got all the good looks, IMO. The Pathfinder Armada is just as pretty as this thing is ugly.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I wouldn't be that postive about the Armada Cool Caddy, this thing is pretty darn ugly. And does no one remember how one of the QX56's competitors is the H2 priced @ $48,000 I believe...Funny how the QX56 is even more money than an H2 isnt it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you are willing to blow $50K on an SUV,
I better hope that another $5K is not going
to be an issue for your budget. Otherwise
you are shopping in the wrong segment. :)

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
Originally posted by thehemi@Jan 26 2004, 04:07 PM
If you are willing to blow $50K on an SUV,
I better hope that another $5K is not going
to be an issue for your budget. Otherwise
you are shopping in the wrong segment. :)
I agree, thehemi. I'm gonna take a stab at why the Infiniti costs less: their interiors are truly gauche and certainly not becoming a luxury vehicle. For all the crap that the domestics take on this issue (and until recently deserved to take), Infiniti's interiors are a far cry from Lexus-, Mercedes-, BMW-, and Audi-luxurious.

"Glenn Beadle, a sales and leasing consultant at Clements Cadillac dealership in Ridgeland, sees no reason to sweat." I'm not so sure you have nothing to sweat over, Glenn. I predict that the "imports-are-the-best" automobile-buying sheep will flock to this vehicle, since it has an import badge on it! How very sad.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Give me a break.
Finally, you've designed another car ugly.
Besides the G35, you can count me out on Infiniti.
Can't they make a cute car.
Wait, their owned and made by Nissan. No, they can't! :lol:
But, not to diss Nissan. They just make odd vehicles besides the Maxima. :D
The Escalade has a lot more cute stuff going on with it. The QX56 is dead ugly :zippy:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Give me a break.
Finally, you've designed another car ugly.
Besides the G35, you can count me out on Infiniti.
Can't they make a cute car.
Wait, their owned and made by Nissan. No, they can't! :lol:
But, not to diss Nissan. They just make odd vehicles besides the Maxima. :D
The Escalade has a lot more cute stuff going on with it. The QX56 is dead ugly :zippy:

·
Registered
922 Posts
He said, price beaten down by the ugly stick! :roflmao:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts