GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good bye G37. Hello Q60!

A week ahead of its official debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Infiniti has released a lone image of its new Q60.

Technically a concept car, little is expected to change when this swoopy coupe arrives as a production model later this year.

Taking strong design ques from the Q80 Inspiration concept, the Infiniti brand as a whole appears to be developing a more distinct front grille to match luxury rivals like Audi and Lexus.

In production form, look for a carry-over 3.7-liter V6 engine under the hood, similar to that found in the Q50 sedan.

Look for more details and full photos from the car’s official reveal on January 11 on the eve of the Detroit Auto Show.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/01/2016-infiniti-q60-concept-revealed.html

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Nice enough but nothing that is special like that. Depends on what the production car looks like though.

They need to call it the Q50 coupe. Otherwise it's going to lead to a confusing array of Q304050607080. Just like how MB is streamlining their naming system.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Never, ever liked any Infiniti.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
So Infiniti realized the Lexus Predator grill wasn't working so they opted to flip the new Hyundai Genesis grill upside down! I like it personally, and the only prior Infiniti I've really liked was the original Q45. If I could change anything I would tone down the C-pillar kink.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
When the third generation Infiniti M -now Q70- came out in 2005 for 2006 I thought they have nailed their design language, it was good looking. A couple of years later starting with the updated G, continuing on today, it looks like they left the plastic models in a hot warehouse, they all look melted.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
Couple questions (at the risk of exposing my complete ignorance of Infiniti)... is this RWD? Does Infiniti have any RWD models, aside from their big SUV? If this car was build would it be competition for the ATS coupe? Or is it a class up?
Infiniti has mostly RWD platform vehicles. All of the following are RWD platform products:

Q40/Q50/Q60
Q70
QX50
QX70
QX80

The QX60 is the only FWD platform Infiniti with a future small FWD platform car also expected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts