GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Infiniti announced numerous enhancements to its G35 sport sedan for 2005. The changes include the introduction of a new coupe Sport model, a refreshed exterior appearance for the sedan and a redesigned instrument panel and console area with aluminum trim or optional wood trim on both the 2005 G35 coupe and sedan. Another major update is an increase in power for all G35 sedans to 277hp and 270lb-ft (from 260hp/260lb-ft). The G35 sedan lineup, which added an all-wheel drive version in 2004, also receives new exterior styling for 2005-featuring a new hood, grille, bumpers, side sills, taillights and wheels. The G35 coupe's new Sport model will be available in a 5-speed auto or a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The Sport 6MT model receives an additional 15-plus horsepower over automatic-equipped G35 coupe's standard 280hp, bringing its power to the 295hp range. For 2005, the sport-tuned suspension package has been upgraded with 18-inch lightweight cast aluminum wheels with 235/45R18 tires and drilled aluminum pedals".

Slightly New Interior:

Previous Interior:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by GotAWD@Jun 27 2004, 09:43 PM
HEY GM ARE YOU TAKING NOTES??? :bounce:
HEY YOU GUYS... RELEASE CAPS LOCK AND TAKE NOTE...

Yeah...GM sent the message. Ever sit in a 350Z or G35 or any new Nissan or Infinity for that matter? It might look nice, but the texture and feel is still very crappy. Its still a Nissan. 2 years ago, nissan was horrible quality wise. Now they make a few designs and everyone thinks they make world-class quality cars? Did I miss the memo?

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Originally posted by GotAWD@Jun 27 2004, 09:43 PM
HEY GM ARE YOU TAKING NOTES??? :bounce:
I agree, though not in the way you may imagine. I hope GM doesn't make their interiors to look like this. This is a luxury car interior?! The fit and finish certainly leave something to be desired. While there are lots of GM's own interiors that need some work, hopefully they don't turn out looking like this, either. ;)

The G35 is great with respect to its powertrain, but I think the exterior design of the sedan and the interiors of both the coupe and sedan are pretty weak. For exterior and interior design, GM needs to benchmark elsewhere...

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Yeah GM....Move the clock up near the winshield to make it harder to read....and then change the.....uh.......uh.........um......the thing.....and the other thing...and....

What are you freaking kidding me!

What exactly does GM need to learn from this?

For the record though...the interior on the CTS was already freshend more than a year ago...way before the CTS copy Infiniti was updated.

I swear some of the people on this site drive me nuts with their stupid comments.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I find that the interior on the Nissan cars feels horribly cheap. The GTO certainly does have a far superior interior to the G35; I just hope that GM learns a lesson from all the positive feedback regarding the GTO INTERIOR.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I wish GM had something like the G35. A reasonably priced RWD car. The CTS runs about $5K to $10K more and is not rated better than the G35. The G35 comes with more horsepower, more tranny options, AWD, more standard equipment, etc. in a packages that costs less than the CTS.

Mark

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by usa1@Jun 27 2004, 09:43 PM
I wish GM had something like the G35. A reasonably priced RWD car. The CTS runs about $5K to $10K more and is not rated better than the G35. The G35 comes with more horsepower, more tranny options, AWD, more standard equipment, etc. in a packages that costs less than the CTS.

Mark
Judging by the interior of the G35 its no wonder its cheaper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nissan deserves credit for taking care of the G35's only major problem--the horribly cheap dashboard. The refreshed front end also looks better. It's obvious Nissan has been trying to save money on their vehicles' interiors. The Titan's interior is unacceptable, but the Murano's is ok.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by usa1@Jun 28 2004, 02:43 AM

Mark
Oh.. so like a 32-33k sports coupe? Hrm... cant think of a...wait..no no... wait... no nope thats not it...oh yeah..........

THE GTO!!!

:rolleyes:

Its "resonably priced" when its an Infinity, but its over priced when its a Pontiac...ahhh I get it.

And the G35 offers more tranny options? Really? So the CTS offers a 5spd auto, and 2 6spd manuals along with 3, count'em, 3 engines. The 2.8, 3.6 and the almighty 5.7 400hp LS6 V8. G35 only offers 1...

The G35's interior looks nice... but it feels like crap. Go ahead, sit in one. Then sit in the GTO's interior which also looks nice, but actualy has good feel to all the switch gear, plastics and nice brushed aluminum trim.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Forget the interior for a minute.

Another major update is an increase in power for all G35 sedans to 277hp and 270lb-ft (from 260hp/260lb-ft).

And an available 6-speed manual.

these are things that need to be watched.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I sometimes wish people on this site would get the facts straight before posting...

FYI: The 2005 Infiniti G35 includes higher-quality plastics and even higher-quality leather.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jun 27 2004, 09:41 PM
Its "resonably priced" when its an Infinity, but its over priced when its a Pontiac...ahhh I get it.
Last time I checked, Infiniti had luxury car status and Pontiac didn't...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts