GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Apr 1 2004, 09:30 AM
still think the idea of an "indy ss impala"  is a stupid marketing gimic.  over $1000 for emblems and embroidery that says "indy"?  only real difference is the grille, which i like, so i'll probably buy it soon.
It is a shame that that is all GM can do is promotional gimmics (limited editions ha). Just like the Monte Carlos and their Pace Car replicas/Signature Series cars. Look at the prices now for the 2002 Dale Earnhardt Signature Edition, some people actually bought them for resale value thinking they would go up...haha. The only thing that would have made that a collector car is if GM had the planning to slip the L67 SC 3800 Series II in it. Now they have a chance to slip a SC Series III into some of these limited edition gimmicks but no can do.

On a side note I have to hand it to them on the ext cab texas truck edition with the 2WD 345 HP LQ9 engine, same one as the Silverado SS. But then they only offer it in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana with a limited run of 3000 units. Hmmm. It is just business as usual.

· Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by BRMike@Apr 1 2004, 11:25 AM
I don't want to get too off topic, but what's up with the 345 hp Silverado? I live in Louisiana and I haven't heard anything of it.

I may be looking for something new. My 1998 Camaro was stolen Monday night and I think it's gone forever :-(
Damn, sorry to hear about your stolen car...that sucks big time... :( ...those trucks should be hitting the dealerships soon, I been seeing them leaving the Truck Plant here in Oshawa for the past week...off to the rail cars.
another thread about them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.