GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CarsDirect.com
January 19, 2023

Ford is paying Bronco buyers big money to buy a different vehicle. According to incentive bulletins sent to dealers, the American automaker is compensating 2023 Bronco buyers with a $2,500 discount for canceling their order and buying a different vehicle, or when choosing one less affected by supply chain constraints.

First, the 2023-Model Bronco Cancel Order & Purchase Replacement Offer offers what Ford calls "an additional incentive to cancel their current 23MY Bronco Order and retail order an eligible 23MY Ford vehicle." The $2,500 incentive is available on vehicles with sales dates through April 3, 2023, on 7 different models.

Eligible 2023 Fords include the Escape, Bronco Sport, Edge, Explorer, Expedition, Ranger, and F-150.

· Registered
9,620 Posts
I have never seen anything like this. Incredible.
How can we honestly still have supply chain problems.

If the offroad capability is not a priority, then I would put that money toward a Chevy Blazer with a normally-aspirated V6.
haha

Would be nice if it worked that way. More like $2500 towards your next Ford which they will make back by not giving you a good deal.

· Premium Member
37,889 Posts
Will they give me 2500 bucks to buy a new Soul or Niro? You know, I WAS considering considering a Bronco. Really. I would not lie here on teheese pages.

• Love
Reactions: CJH and gkr778

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Will they give me 2500 bucks to buy a new Soul or Niro? You know, I WAS considering considering a Bronco. Really. I would not lie here on teheese pages.
Is it possible for an old soul to purchase a new Soul. Inquiring minds need to know.

· Premium Member
12,248 Posts
If the offroad capability is not a priority, then I would put that money toward a Chevy Blazer with a normally-aspirated V6.
I would suspect that getting an F150 Raptor would be quicker than getting a Bronco Raptor. A little bird told me they use the same lower control arms and that priority is going to Dearborn.

· Registered
4,644 Posts
Bronco is awesome, they hit the design out of the park, not surprised at all they have a ginourmous waiting list. Both the roof and engine issues were supplier problems (delivering parts out of spec) that have been corrected moving forward. (the 2.7L engine was very reliable before this) I love it, I know its blasphemy, but I wish they stretched it a foot or two and made a 3 row version, then I could buy one. I wouldn't do rock crawling, but I would do lots of snow/mud bogging through the fields and valleys of the Midwest.

· Registered
7,852 Posts
It just seems like an odd thing to do. They can't make enough of a certain vehicle to meet demand. So why are they looking to hand out money? Sounds like simple supply and demand, which should RAISE the price. If that pushes prospective buyers away, to buy a different product, fine. That's exactly the same as what they're doing by PAYING them to order something else.

Seems to me that with any existing orders (at the previous agreed upon price) they would simply tell them (the truth) that they're going to have to wait quite a while .... or (again) buy something else.

· Registered
1,791 Posts
With supply/chip shortages that the ENTIRE industry is facing (a situation they should have been ready for), they need to be giving something like this or MORE to ALL of us currently in the market for a new car purchase. Across all automakers. I am tired of seeing the pop up message coming up on any car brand site that says some options may not be available at the moment when I go to build one.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
I would suspect that getting an F150 Raptor would be quicker than getting a Bronco Raptor.
Now, if Ford bought Hyundai, they could come out with a Veloster Raptor!

· Registered
3,384 Posts
Not in Canada Yet.

The Ranger and Explorer are even harder to get than a Bronco. (BTW The Ranger has 1 of the same engines you know the Non popping one).

I think this not only "Keeps" a few "Conquest Customers" that the Bronco is the Best in Ford Lineup of acquiring, but it also Calms and Excites the ones waiting. IMy guess is very few will jump, and just patiently wait, or buy one of the offerings for the Wait Time.

· Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,848 Posts
My guess is the waiting list is soooooooo long they're worried about losing some sales to Jeep. If they can get a few Bronco orders to convert to say Bronco Sport, that keeps them "in the family" so to speak. Note that you can't get the $2500 for a Maverick, another hot Ford vehicle.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Bronco is awesome, they hit the design out of the park, not surprised at all they have a ginourmous waiting list. Both the roof and engine issues were supplier problems (delivering parts out of spec) that have been corrected moving forward. (the 2.7L engine was very reliable before this) I love it, I know its blasphemy, but I wish they stretched it a foot or two and made a 3 row version, then I could buy one. I wouldn't do rock crawling, but I would do lots of snow/mud bogging through the fields and valleys of the Midwest.
I am NOT an SUV guy, I've always driven coupes. However, I have the hots for a 2 door Bronco Outer Banks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts