GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup gets its first recall
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning became the subject of its first recall campaign this month care of a tire pressure monitoring system that is not calibrated properly to the tire pressures specified for certain wheel packages. The campaign covers approximately 2,900 examples of the new pickup sold in the U.S. and Canada with the 20-inch wheel and tire package offered as standard equipment on Lariat and as an option on XLT, or the 22-inch package that is included on Platinum models. Vehicles equipped with these packages may not correctly alert the driver if tire pressures drop below spec.

·
Registered
22,413 Posts
So the TPM Sensors are mis-calibrated, that's the recall?

Hahaha, This is the time to go and buy a Buick
Which one, the China one, or one of the two made in South Korea?

Reactions: V-Car

·
Premium Member
11,954 Posts
FMD First world problems or what?

:rolleyes:
This is a storm in a teacup because owners wouldn’t have a problem with this unless a tire suddenly deflated, and even then, they’d be just like the rest of us who don't have tire pressure monitoring.

what next, a recall because the cup holders have a sharp edge or because the heated steering wheel can get hot….

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
This is a storm in a teacup because owners wouldn’t have a problem with this unless a tire suddenly deflated, and even then, then they’d be just like the rest of us who dont have tire pressure monitoring.

what next, a recall because the cup holders have a sharp edge or because the heated steering wheel can get hot….
It's been posted by one of the biggest fanbois on this site so I sort of expected a mud sling at Ford

But this........

It's so funny and sad at the same time what lengths people go to find something to complain about

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a storm in a teacup because owners wouldn’t have a problem with this unless a tire suddenly deflated, and even then, they’d be just like the rest of us who don't have tire pressure monitoring.

This is the first of many. It’s not a storm, it’s a trickle.. before the flood.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Personally always wait for a few years till l purchase anything that's new, normally buy something closer to when it's being replaced you normally get bigger discount, and all the teething problems will have ironed out and it has good long in service shakedown.

Having the latest and greatest is not important to me personally. l get just as much enjoyment out of driving my two old 50 year old classics, am well aware of all their design faults, flaws, know all weaknesses.

Nobody has designed a new car thats totally flawless yet, everything that's ever been produced will regularly get all sorts of service bulletins or a recall its the more serious ones that nobody ever forgets the Pinto and Firestone tires the US, and chewed up Cortina Mk3 camshafts in the case of the UK.

A software calibration glitch with TPIS better picked up early rather than a fatality latter on that's good news, but you would have thought it would have got picked up by uneven tire tread wear pattern by Ford test Engineers giving it the long pre-in service design shakedowns they must be sloppy if they never tested calibrated/monitered TPIS, yes something that made it past Ford quality control not good, hi fives to Chevy for not rushing in the Silverado EV.

·
Premium Member
11,954 Posts
But that’s the thing, it’s a production calibration glitch, no amount of reliability testing will find that. And the tires only wear uneven if deflated and people solely rely on the little machine that goes ping to tell them to pump up their bloody tires. The vehicles are way too young for that defect to be picked up by owners.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,903 Posts
I am not a Ford man but I will have to give them a pass because its for the stupid TMPS bs.
I love 'em, especially in cold weather.
It's one of the things I have up on my configurable gauge display at all times.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
I don't know how anybody survived driving before we had tire pressure monitors. You better leave that truck parked until Ford can fix it.:cautious:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
These "Recalls" are getting out of Hand. This Recall included a "Stop Sale/Delivery Hold" that we were informed about 30 minutes after we delivered our First Lighting. I had to call my Customer, ask "How are you making out with the New Ride" oh BTW, can you come back for a Recall? 1 Day of Ownership, for a TPSM system, that is a US Law, not even a Canadian Law yet. After the Customer's 6 month wait, 100K Investment, 1 Day!

I get the whole "Old Way" sweep it under the Carpet until, but Ignition Gate has changed the Game. Much like Delivery Holds for Antifreeze leaks causing Fire Hazzard. How hot does Antifreeze need to be to Ignite?

Only to find that if the Customer continues to drive after the Antifreeze has drained, warning lights all over, the engine can get hot enough to ignite oil leaks? That is crazy, wouldn't the Warning Lights, Smell, Feel, all tell someone to STOP?

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These "Recalls" are getting out of Hand. This Recall included a "Stop Sale/Delivery Hold" that we were informed about 30 minutes after we delivered our First Lighting. I had to call my Customer, ask "How are you making out with the New Ride" oh BTW, can you come back for a Recall? 1 Day of Ownership, for a TPSM system, that is a US Law, not even a Canadian Law yet. After the Customer's 6 month wait, 100K Investment, 1 Day!

I get the whole "Old Way" sweep it under the Carpet until, but Ignition Gate has changed the Game. Much like Delivery Holds for Antifreeze leaks causing Fire Hazzard. How hot does Antifreeze need to be to Ignite?

Only to find that if the Customer continues to drive after the Antifreeze has drained, warning lights all over, the engine can get hot enough to ignite oil leaks? That is crazy, wouldn't the Warning Lights, Smell, Feel, all tell someone to STOP?
Just take a moment one of these fine summer days on the freeway and look around at the drivers beside you. You will be shocked how crazy some can be. doing all sorts of things at 70 MPH, I would not be surprised to see some gardening inside their cars.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Just take a moment one of these fine summer days on the freeway and look around at the drivers beside you. You will be shocked how crazy some can be. doing all sorts of things at 70 MPH, I would not be surprised to see some gardening inside their cars.
I went to a Funeral about 10 years ago in a Major City (Minneapolis). My Wife's Aunt said "I don't drive distracted at all" I had to follow her to the Funeral Chapel, and she was 75 mph on her phone the whole way.

Here a Hwy is 2 lanes, on coming traffic, gravel shoulders and 90kph speed limit. No Freeways, a lot of time No Cell Service, 2 very different worlds.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went to a Funeral about 10 years ago in a Major City (Minneapolis). My Wife's Aunt said "I don't drive distracted at all" I had to follow her to the Funeral Chapel, and she was 75 mph on her phone the whole way.

Here a Hwy is 2 lanes, on coming traffic, gravel shoulders and 90kph speed limit. No Freeways, a lot of time No Cell Service, 2 very different worlds.
That is crazy, a cell phone on the ear or Bluetooth?

·
Registered
22,413 Posts

Luckily for GM, their heated steering wheel are incapable of getting too hot, they don't even warm....

This is the first of many. It’s not a storm, it’s a trickle.. before the flood.
I sure hope the F150 Lighting is as bad as the Bolt, otherwise, people might start calling them the "Lightning Bolt".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts