GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,772 Posts
I guess that's like coal smoke from his buddies the Red Chyyynees. If you don't do it within our borders, it doesn't exist. Sort of like the UN CO2 emissions "agreement," sort of like the Iran newkyuler "deal." Why are these agreements and deals, and not treaties? Oh, that's a toughie!

No help for the terminally self-righteous. Who cares about American workers and jobs and our economy and self-sufficiency? It's not sleepy Joe and it's not his cackling sidekick.

In normal times, this would be called insanity.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,348 Posts
I guess that's like coal smoke from his buddies the Red Chyyynees. If you don't do it within our borders, it doesn't exist. Sort of like the UN CO2 emissions "agreement," sort of like the Iran newkyuler "deal." Why are these agreements and deals, and not treaties? Oh, that's a toughie!

No help for the terminally self-righteous. Who cares about American workers and jobs and our economy and self-sufficiency? It's not sleepy Joe and it's not his cackling sidekick.

In normal times, this would be called insanity.
HEY. We're not supposed to notice all that stuff. Maybe the plan is to use the world's supplies up first and then dig into ours ;) ... and hope the rest of the world don't come after us for ours at that point. ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'll just say..."Center of the American Experiment" is an ultra-conservative, Minnesota (mining)-based organization, founded by a former Reaganite.

·
Premium Member
35,772 Posts
HEY. We're not supposed to notice all that stuff. Maybe the plan is to use the world's supplies up first and then dig into ours ;) ... and hope the rest of the world don't come after us for ours at that point. ;) :rolleyes:
Good points, fitty-eight! Strategically brilliant! How did I miss that?

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
I'd think the environmentalists will want mines to be in the USA so environmental laws can be strictly enforced and therefore making the least amount of impact on the planet. The green plan is apparently to do it in third world countries where a little bribe will get you past all the environmental regulations. I'd be interested to know who these environmentalists are that whisper into Biden's ear. Almost sounds like the environmentalists are backed by the mining industry - I bet it is a lot cheaper to run a mine in Uganda than the USA.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
At the end of the day, the mines will be where it makes the most economic sense (i.e., cheap enough). Everything else, whether for or against mining in any particular country, is just grandstanding.

·
Premium Member
35,772 Posts
I'd think the environmentalists will want mines to be in the USA so environmental laws can be strictly enforced and therefore making the least amount of impact on the planet. The green plan is apparently to do it in third world countries where a little bribe will get you past all the environmental regulations. I'd be interested to know who these environmentalists are that whisper into Biden's ear. Almost sounds like the environmentalists are backed by the mining industry - I bet it is a lot cheaper to run a mine in Uganda than the USA.
Enviros care about their political agenda far more than globaloney pollution. Otherwise they'd be all over Chyyynnnaaa like stink on poop. Russia aka the USSR too, decades of horrifying toxic waste here, there, and everywhere.

But the enviroweenies don't get to visit the USSR and lecture them and wag their fingers at them, so it just didn't happen.
If they can't get a camera crew in, and a stern lecturing "reporter," it is not a problem.

At the end of the day, the mines will be where it makes the most economic sense (i.e., cheap enough). Everything else, whether for or against mining in any particular country, is just grandstanding.
Grandstanding on one side, strategic importance on the other side of the argument.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'll just say..."Center of the American Experiment" is an ultra-conservative, Minnesota (mining)-based organization, founded by a former Reaganite.
Are you saying this is all untrue because of the political affiliation it comes from? I certainly have more questions like what does it mean by the President "will not support" the mining industry, but to cast the claim as wrong based on the source is just plain wrong.

Reactions: Extreme4x4

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Power and control, that’s what it’s about, it’s got nothing to do with you, the voter
Precisely.

And it gets more obvious every day.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
40,000 children on 2 dollars day down a Congo cobalt mine Joe likes cheap modern day black slavey . Joe probably wants to support the Congo children that helps to keep the EV prices where they are, without that the EV car prices would become astronomical.

I guess once the Congo cobalt supplies (70% of the worlds supply) are all used up, the US supplies might become a bit more viable if Joe can find some 10 year old kids in the US to work down a mine for a few bucks a day.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Did everybody forget about the oil embargoes back in the 1970's? Didn't we learn that it's bad to have large dependencies on single sources of supply for our energy needs?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,348 Posts
Having gone and read through most of it, I see that. Good on them for exposing this admin. for what they are and what they are at. Typical ploy of politicos and in particular the Dem. party of making a big show of how they are for the jobs and the common man but their actions most always show otherwise. Also as typical to a lot of things. "We want all this, but not in our/my backyard(s)" type of thing.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Exactly...for national security its best to hold onto our supply for reserves. In a perfect world this would not be necessary, but we don't live in a perfect world.

·
Registered
17,749 Posts
Enviros care about their political agenda far more than globaloney pollution. Otherwise they'd be all over Chyyynnnaaa like stink on poop. Russia aka the USSR too, decades of horrifying toxic waste here, there, and everywhere.

But the enviroweenies don't get to visit the USSR and lecture them and wag their fingers at them, so it just didn't happen.
If they can't get a camera crew in, and a stern lecturing "reporter," it is not a problem.

Grandstanding on one side, strategic importance on the other side of the argument.
Makes me wonder though. For near 50 years the state of Connecticut tried to widen a road, route 7, to a highway. Several years ago they finally gave up. Not long after that I saw an article in the local paper that they "found out" that the majority of the people wanted the highway, all of the people strongly against it turned out to be people that would have the highway in their backyard. I seem to remember a lot of environmental concerns too - I bet all of those "environmentalists" happened to be the same people who'd have the highway in their backyard.

I bet these environmentalists whispering into Biden's ear might just have a planned mine in their backyard.

·
Premium Member
11,291 Posts
If raw materials are mostly coming from Canada, Australia and Brazil
well, there’s two countries that are close allies and ethical supplier.
and that’s not intended to disparage Brazil.

The more Australia’s lithium flows to the US and away from China the better…

1 - 20 of 81 Posts