GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the early ‘90s, a new wave of vehicles took over the automotive world. The humble minivan was taking families out of sedans and wagons and putting the traditional car in danger. But with the Caprice wagon, Chevrolet tried to strike a blow for wagons. With one more seat and enough room for a […]
The post In 1991, The Caprice Wagon Fought the Crossovers of its Day appeared first on GM Inside News.

More...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I wonder how a FullSize Caprice, and Wagon, even Buick Roadmaster would do today.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I wonder how a FullSize Caprice, and Wagon, even Buick Roadmaster would do today.
RWD w/ a 3.6 base, optional LT1/4/5, pretty freaking well. I'd hit it. Only thing is that I'd change the Chevy's name to Chevelle and Nomad (Wagon). Impala is too damaged a nameplate to go on a prestige product.

If Dodge can get by damn good w/ a 4 door named Charger, there's no reason GM shouldn't fare just as well w/ a 4 door Chevelle...You'd just have to deal with the one "smartass" on every facebook ad comment section saying that "no real Chevelle has 4 doors"

·
Registered
13 Posts
You would have to convince the suburban families that they were cool. That is the factor that sells cars, that and tech. My daughter drives the biggest SUV she can find and is constantly complaining that it is too small. Size is status, just as in the past with the big Caddies and Buicks. $10.00 per gallon gas might help, maybe.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
A lot more vehicles are leased these days and combined with low interest and low gas prices
people are now shopping to a monthly budget, so that opens up the field of possible vehicles.

What possible reason would there be for someone to give up the commanding view in a utility
to get back into a low riding stationwagon that's difficult drive and park with so many tall vehicles
today, it doesn't make sense to own a vehicle that is now disadvantaged by other vehicles around it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts