GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Chevrolet Aveo
Efficient transportation for less than $10,000.
By Sam Moses

The Chevrolet Aveo is an all-new subcompact available as a four-door sedan or five-door hatchback. It's based on a globally popular model called the Kalos built by Korean carmaker Daewoo. New to Chevrolet's 2004 lineup, the Aveo will complement the upcoming Chevy Cobalt, a premium small car planned to replace the Cavalier.

Aveo uses a proven GM 1.6-liter double-overhead-camshaft engine and comes standard with a five-speed gearbox. It's out to challenge the Toyota Echo, Scion xA, Kia Rio, and Hyundai Accent. The Echo and Scion are higher priced, however, leaving the ten-grand cars to the Koreans.

The basic models are basic, but the interiors are better than you'd expect, the front seats are comfortable and the back seats are surprisingly roomy. The Aveo looks good, particularly the sedan, and the body panels fit well. It delivers zippy performance, sharp steering and a decent ride. All of this makes the Chevy Aveo an attractive alternative to a used car.

Full article here

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I expect that people will be pleasantly surprised with the bang for buck quotient in the Chevy Aveo. Daewoo workers know that their reputation is on the line with this one car in the U.S. GM Brands --- I doubt they will let it go like Suzuki did with the Metro in its latter years.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have never seen a comercial for the Aveo, hopefully they will start soon. I live near MSU and cant wait to see all the college kides and the like driving Aveos and Cobalt's instead of the little foriegn cars and the much loved around here... Sunfire. Hopefully they will get a bigger rim option sometime soon, if I knew at all how to photoshop I would put bigger and cooler looking rims on the thing.

·
Registered
43,941 Posts
<_<
The Aveo commercials are really stupid. You see one driving. Then you see a bunch of basketball players walking towards one and getting in one as the voice over says... "you'll love all the room." Then the scene switches to an interior shot... where all the basketball players are shrunk down to the size of muppets while they sit in an Aveo.

Trust me... it's dumb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts