GM Inside News Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Americans work at Toyota dealerships too (looking at the dealership jobs only since this affects other jobs as well).

I bet a lot of people on this board who talk about American jobs buy foreign products in other areas of their lives when they have a choice. How many people here bought a PS2 rather than an XBox (is that assembled in the US?), for example? Sure, it is a smaller investment, but all of this makes a difference. There were a lot of American companies that fell behind beginning in the 60s until today and much of it was their own fault, including the domestic automakers. I am not surprised that many have abandoned the domestics after what happened for 20 years. I think the new domestics will slow or stop the trend.
again not a lot of that money stays here in the States. The majority of the money that the dealerships make go back to Japan, even though the cars are made here. Toyota, Honda Nissan Mitsubishi and all the import cars send the money that they make here in the states back to their respective countries.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Barra's GM
Higher stock price, losing even more customers to the competition who actually compete.
Run Away Mary. Shrinking GM by the day

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,470 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,545 Posts
I see a lot of kias around
Yes, I have a KIA. I"ve had several. Absolutely no problem with any of them.

My last GM car, a GP, had oodles of troubles and the most imbecilic service department I've run into in a long time. My last Charger had boo coo issues, I should have Lemon Law'd that Charger but I didn't. My bad.

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
so is the town dealership less? IMHO that is the important question

looks like Toyota AND honda only and chevy is down the hiway

121 - 130 of 130 Posts