GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now im confused...
under standard equipment it still shows the 3.9 (but its called LGD)...
can someone decipher what theyre saying...

I figured it out.. they are getting rid of the 3.9 in the 2LT... the LTZ will still have the engine.

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I'm glad they simplified the trim levels. Wasn't there three different levels of "LT" at one point? 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. Then there was LS, LTZ, and SS? What a mess.

The sad thing is that this car is scheduled to keep on going like this for YEARS.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Cobalt SS sedan is also gone, the SS can only be had as a coupe

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Meh. Wont really miss it.
They should just drop the Impala name and call it the Chevy Classic.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
now im confused...
under standard equipment it still shows the 3.9 (but its called LGD)...
It's called what?

Is that the lunch of choice for he CAW now?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Is it pure comedy that the example photo is of an SS?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe because the G8 will become the Impala SS ?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Meh. Wont really miss it.
They should just drop the Impala name and call it the Chevy Classic.
Because that has great name recognition..
I say drop the car altogether and bring on the Caprice. Even though its years off and unlikely it makes much more sense. The Impala and the Malibu are too stupidly similar competing in lets face it, the same territory.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Because that has great name recognition..
I say drop the car altogether and bring on the Caprice. Even though its years off and unlikely it makes much more sense. The Impala and the Malibu are too stupidly similar competing in lets face it, the same territory.
The Chevy Classic reference was that the car is a fleet queen. The removal of the SS only helps it solidify it.

I do agree we need the Statesman/Caprice and the Commodore needs to stay here.

Of course for some reason, Chevy has always had 2 midsize cars.
It used to be Corsica/Beretta and Lumina... FWD Monte Carlo. Celebrity and Malibu during the Early 1980s then Corsica/Beretta

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Another step in the Toyota-izing of Chevy.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I took a look at the link, and the Picture looks so sad. I feel bad for the Impala name, because it gets eroded away each month it continues on.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
More likely because GM disbanded the peformance division that made the SS.
*face palm*

GM Performance Division doesnt MAKE cars.
GMPD develops the cars. GMPD did NOT do any work on the Impy SS. They DID do work on the Grand Prix GXP. GMPD put thier badge on the Impy SS though, but there was very little work done compared to the Cobalt SS.

Removing the V8 is probably linked to the fact that the V8 is very limited, not very desireable, and that they probably want to keep it cheap to make.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just think they sould com back with the citation X-11
Cause I have the original 84" X-11 notchback and this thing gets lots of peoples attention Every were I go ! Poeple tell me that they would like to see these cars come back out again, cause. People would like to have and see something new and not something that looks the same as others models!!
So anyhow juste wanted to say the facts,

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Cause I have the original 84" X-11 notchback and this thing gets lots of peoples attention Every were I go ! Poeple tell me that they would like to see these cars come back out again, cause. People would like to have and see something new and not something that looks the same as others models!!
All I have to say is dude, what colour is the sky in your world? Seriously.

·
Registered
827 Posts
????
And Chrysler should bring back the K-CARs to help them out of bankruptcy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok ok, just listen,
No cars are perfect!
The proof 300 new camaro are re-called ,
That does not meen it's a bad car,
Anyhow, where back to the same situation as the early 80's (recession)
Bye bye big expensive cars and welcome smaller ones!

And yes they where cheap cars but poeple where buying them!

The proof the first year GM sold nearly 900 000 citations ! That was a lot a the time,

Anyhow my point is not just making back the citations but GM should think of coming back with a special version of the X-11 , it was GM's. Special
race car after all!

Yes the X-cars had problems like all cars!
Yes they where cheaply made!

but with todays technology they would be a heck of a lot better!! And people would by them again,

I want to a car meet tonight and I had more poeple coming up to me then the ones that had impala's and camaros!

And had good remarks and surprized that people had still interest in these models,

I do own a caprice. Bubble
9C1 and I still prefer my X-11 for it's handling!!

Like I said: just taking out a new X-car with todays technology would be a heck of a better car!

poeple are buying smaller cars because they want cheaper cars and more economical.

That's why I say to GM to waike up and to give what poeple wants!
And. also give the X-cars a second chance(like they did with the malibu)
Poeple would buy them .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts