GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy outsold Ford, Nissan, and Chrysler sedans once they ranked #7 on the best-sellers list of the 1Q of 2004. Good! Of course. Silverado also ranked #2, and Chevy outsold Ford....
Ford F-Series

Chevrolet Silverado

Dodge Ram

Toyota Camry / Camry Solara

Honda Accord

Honda Civic

Chevrolet Impala

Ford Taurus

Nissan Altima

Ford Explorer

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Hey if Toyota can count both the Camry and the Solara as one, I wonder what the Impala and Monte Carlo could do combined?

Anyone have any Monte Carlo sales figures?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
another vote to combine MC sales with Impy!!

And Im amazed that the Silvarado, a truck that has been ranked in the back of the pack in every single car mag, A truck that is said to be a big POS and is lacking in a segment with trucks getting more power and better interiors, A truck that seemed to have no real good side, is still the #2 best selling Truck in the US. Combined with the Sierra, and we have the best selling line of trucks in the US. Imagine if the Chevy and GMC trucks actualy had better interiors, and stronger engines! Mop-up on isle 10 please. 300hp in the upcoming 5.3 will make quite the truck.

And the same thing goes for the Impy. Imagine if it had a nicer interior? The Impy is kickin rear!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
The common perception is that when it comes to trucks, the US mfrs are the ones to buy. True or false, that's what it is-just like Japanese small cars.
Now, Ford and GM must be ever vigilant to keep this attitude intact. No letting down in quality and features to grab a few more bucks profit.

The Monte Carlo and Impala received high ratings in the 2004 Consumers' Report Auto issue. I am sure that this kind of news sways people toward giving their attention to them.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Apr 23 2004, 08:47 AM
Hey if Toyota can count both the Camry and the Solara as one, I wonder what the Impala and Monte Carlo could do combined?

Probably just because the Camry name is on both cars, Camry and Camry Solara. If only Chevy had named it the Impala and Impala Monte Carlo. ;)

I agree, the Impala and MC should be combined in the sales figures.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ+Apr 23 2004, 07:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MelvinJ @ Apr 23 2004, 07:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MCGARRETT@Apr 23 2004, 08:47 AM

Probably just because the Camry name is on both cars, Camry and Camry Solara. If only Chevy had named it the Impala and Impala Monte Carlo. ;)

I agree, the Impala and MC should be combined in the sales figures. [/b][/quote]
"impala coupe" would be more appropriate then "impala mc", impala loyalists as well as mc loyalists would be cussin chevy for something like that.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
The thing is that I dont see "Camry" anywhere on the new Solara, eventhough Toyota still wants to call it Camry, which I think is a little crooked. The Solara and the Camry are about as different as the Monte Carlo and the Impala.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I'd like to get excited about Impala news but I can't.

I don't know anyone buying an Impala, but I see a lot of them at my local rental car place.

Impala and Cavalier sales have a tendency to be artificially inflated by fleet sales.

I'd like to see the percentage to fleet, as compared to Camry, for instance.

Of course heavy incentives help, too.

I'd like to see the Impala selling well to the general public after getting a redesign like the Malibu's and selling on desireability, not incentive fire sales and fleet sales.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It looks like Dodge is creeping up toward Chevy. Score another one for Dodge's advetising team. They came up with a good one with the Hemi. :rolleyes: I'm guessing though that the gas costs will eventually get to the Ford and Dodge owners and the new "hemi" and "triton" won't be as strong of a selling point.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Apr 23 2004, 02:26 PM
I'd like to get excited about Impala news but I can't.

I don't know anyone buying an Impala, but I see a lot of them at my local rental car place.

Impala and Cavalier sales have a tendency to be artificially inflated by fleet sales.

I'd like to see the percentage to fleet, as compared to Camry, for instance.

Of course heavy incentives help, too.

I'd like to see the Impala selling well to the general public after getting a redesign like the Malibu's and selling on desireability, not incentive fire sales and fleet sales.
So true, It's like the 8th place out dated Taurus with only 4000 sales less,

Don't get me wrong those the Impala is a very good value when you compare it to the Malibu but I just don't know if GM is trying to buy these numbers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts