·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
semi teaser..little old school influences but not enough to cal it a retro

yay or nay

Updated
Did this last night,
Ill try and do another one after class later today incorporating any more suggestions, as well as the ones from below. Thanks!

UPDATE #2

SS..not much different but a few changes to the greenhouse, the body line, and the SS fog lamp/logo. dont mind the wheels..class was just about over and i rushed. owell..here it is

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Re: Impala concept sketch

Yay so far!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

DEFINATELY liking so far! I can't wait to see the finished version!

-Chase

·
Registered
840 Posts

Love it, though I would raise and curve the beltline a bit between the B and C Pillars. It might add some more differentiation.

·
Registered
840 Posts

Oh, and I love how the crease of the beltline extends to the front of the vehicle and into the front fascia!

·
Registered
201 Posts

Love that s-curve in the middle. Not sure the greenhouse is quite big enough, and the headlights/grille are a little big for me.

Oh and careful on the speedbumps (or anything but perfectly smooth flat road)! :p

I think it'll turn out great though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Impala Concept Sketch..

that is a beautiful set of sketches SO graceful in line, and the concept is gorgeous.

are you a pro? who taught you to draw like that?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Impala Concept Sketch..

that is a beautiful set of sketches SO graceful in line, and the concept is gorgeous.

are you a pro? who taught you to draw like that?
haha negative, i wish. but thank you :D

im actually a freshman in college... 99.99% self taught

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Fantastic. I'll say I'm a bit more of a fan of the standard version, the curve in the hood really does it for me.

Again, really great :D

-Chase

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Definitely yay, i'm really liking the front end, and the best part of it is that it looks original and doesn't look like usual Chevy's. It would be great competitor for the 300C. Great job!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Aw, you changed that s-curve. I liked it better before! Still a good drawing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
all three look great.

i can see you are working quickly, but your accuracy of pen or marker is really sharp.
that's a nice way of getting that 'flow' in your renderings.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks. yeah the quickness helps with the crisp flowing lines, its just really hard, typically i average one good drawing (above) for every 3-4 bad ones. its really easy to mess up with the quick pen strokes, but when you get it, it works real well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts